I have been successfully using Google Sync for my Bold for a while now without any issues. However, after the latest DST change, all of my synced appointments since that time are now off by one hour!

Anyone know now to fix this (or if there IS a fix?). I have to delete each and every appointment (even recurring ones since Google Sync "breaks" your recurring appointments in your Berry once you sync).

Any help or advice would be much appreciated! I'm sure this has happened to someone else as well!
    03-08-09 10:58 PM
    Google sync royally screwed my calendar a while ago, so I stopped using it. It killed my recurring appointments. And turned my all day ones into 2 day appointmens.

There were hundreds of messed up or duplicate entries, so my only solution was to use DM to delete all calendar entries, then do a sync with the calendar on my mac.

Thankfully, I hadn't synced before spotting the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 11:32 PM
    I have been successfully using Google Sync for my Bold for a while now without any issues. However, after the latest DST change, all of my synced appointments since that time are now off by one hour!

Anyone know now to fix this (or if there IS a fix?). I have to delete each and every appointment (even recurring ones since Google Sync "breaks" your recurring appointments in your Berry once you sync).

Any help or advice would be much appreciated! I'm sure this has happened to someone else as well!
    Are you sure you have the correct time zone selected on your BlackBerry? A common mistake is selecting Central America time instead of Central Time (US&Canada). Both are GMT-6, but Central America does not observe DST.

03-08-09 11:48 PM
    That's very weird - I'm on GSync too, but I haven't had any problems at all.

Don't take this the wrong way, but was it necessary to delete everything? I've found that if there are mistakes (which are few and far in between), I only need to fix it online on the calendar and once it syncs, everything fixes itself.
    03-09-09 02:46 AM
    Are you sure you have the correct time zone selected on your BlackBerry? A common mistake is selecting Central America time instead of Central Time (US&Canada). Both are GMT-6, but Central America does not observe DST.

You're amazing! I've been cursing my phone for months. I've read nearly a hundred posts regarding Google Calendar and Blackberry Sync issues... And this fixed my problem. Yes, I feel like an i-d-i-o-t for selecting the wrong time zone, but I'm elated that it's finally right!
    Last edited by BB_in_LA; 06-09-09 at 03:43 PM.
    06-09-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD