i know that most of us CrackBerry Addicts have already found 1001 uses for the BB Bold in our daily lives... but most simply buy a BB for the usual calling, E-Mail, and texting... Completely unaware of all the OTHER cool things that can be done on it.. ...This write up is for those kind of users...

I'm not just gonna simply state what i do with my Bold,... but also how i apply it to my daily life... hopefully you guys can also post a typical day with your BB Bold to help people discover new ways of using it...

Typical (weekday) day with my Bold:

8:00am - My Bold (Alarm) wakes me up with one of the MP3s i have on my MicroSD Card...

8:10am - finally open my eyes.... check my Bold for any SMS, E-Mails, Calls i may have gotten over night..

8:15 - 8:30am - Use either Viigo or Google Reader (RSS) to catch up on whats going on in the wireless world.. some sites i use (BerryReview, BlackBerryCool, CrackberryBlogs, Fierce Wireless, PhoneScoop, Boy Genius, Solsie, Unstrung, etc.)

9:00am - get out of shower... open up either Pandora or Slacker and stream some music as i iron my clothes and get ready for work...

9:25am - use Google Maps to check for traffic before heading out as i have 2 different ways of getting to work (Highway or Turnpike).. this has saved me a bunch of times!!... also check WeatherEye to see what the day is gonna be like...

9:30am - get in my car... connect Mini to Mini cable (3.5mm Bold to 3.5mm AUX in car) and listen to either Pandora, Slacker, FlyCast, or a playlist of MP3s from my 8g MicroSD Card using my car speakers.. if calls come in while i'm driving i just accept the call, hit Menu, then hit Activate Headset.. AUX Line also serves as a loudspeaker just like pairing your Bold to your car using Bluetooth.. when i'm done with the call i quickly hit the Left Convenience Key to open up the Application Switcher... then go right back to the music..

10:00am - get to work... open up CB Launcher and check out what's new on the CrackBerry Forums (i do this a few times through out the day).. if i see a new theme or application that interest me i follow the related link and download the theme/app OTA (Over-The-Air) right from my Bold..

10:00am - till i sleep - i'm also constantly connected to my friends, family, and co-workers using AIM (instant messaging), BB Messenger, SMS, E-Mail, Voice...

10:30am - use Opera Mini (3rd party browser) to check my bank account and credit cards to see what transactions have already gone through... just in case i need to swipe one of my cards... for some reason i have issues trying to do this with the default browser... thankfully we have other options..

11:00am - customers start walking in... i work for AT&T... so i usually spend the day showing off all of the cool things i do with my Bold like seeing where my friends are at using Google latitude, watching Live Television using the SlingPlayer, watching high resolution (m4v H.264) movies, streaming music, full HTML E-Mails, muliti tasking using the Application Switcher, Messaging, etc..

1:00pm - Lunch!!!.... after i finish eating... i get back on CrackBerry Forums using the CB Launcher till i have to go back..

2:00pm - get back from lunch.... continue showing off my Bold as i did since 11:00am...

6:00pm - get out of work.... get in my car.... and follow the same steps i did in the morning connecting my Bold to my car via Mini to Mini Cable...

7:30pm - finish eating dinner... open up XBerry Live on my Bold and check out if i have any friends playing Xbox Live without even having to turn on my 360...

11:30pm - lay in bed watching TV.... open up Viigo or Google Reader (RSS) again to check for anything new... using the default browser i get on Crackberry, Blueroom Solution (Ecruz), PimpMyBerry (Tito) and check for any cool new themes... play with the themes a bit before i decide to keep it or delete it...

12:00am - set my Alarm on my Bold (even though i ALREADY know it's set... but i have an OCD about these things.. lol).... go to sleep and do it all over again the next day...

the exact times are estimated... and some days i use my Bold differently... but this is pretty much a typical day with my Bold.... Yes!... i am an Addict and i use my Bold that much.....

now let's see what a typical day is like with your Bold......
    Last edited by 2.FiF; 03-23-09 at 05:56 PM.
    03-23-09 05:48 PM
    i guess its time for dinner pretty soon ...lol
    03-23-09 05:55 PM
    Sounds exactly like how I use my bold down to the second.

Have you seen the bluetooth stereo gateway? Probably my favorite accessory for my bold. Makes listening to music in the car so much easier.

Amazon.com: BlackBerry ASY-16130-001 Remote Stereo Bluetooth Gateway (Black) for Blackberry 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8800, 8820, 8830, 9000: Cell Phones & Service

It went back up in price but I got mine for 20 bucks.
    03-23-09 05:59 PM
    Really enjoyed your post. Thanks!

You for sure do a lot more with your Bold than I do - I don't even know how to do some of those things! Sadly, I have yet to get a media card or add music or movies or anything to my Bold. One day....

No need for me to share my daily routine - it's just never-ending email, PIN, texting, calling, browsing, starting at about 5 am and sometimes going through the night. I guess I am a "basic" but "heavy" user - my Bold is always in or beside my hand and almost always in use.

But no fancy stuff here - yet.
    03-23-09 06:07 PM
    Thank you for a very creative and informative post. You sound pretty well established in your routine and very happy with it.

I'm sure I have a similar routine but I am retired and sit in front of a computer most of the day. This sounds like great fun, but the real fun is using my Bold to converse with PIN, email and SMS. The emails hit the Bold before they show up on the computer! Then I can decide whether or not to open them quickly in the handset or log into the email account.

About 3PM I put the Bold in the holster and take it for a good long walk, listening to stereo earphones and either Pandora or my walking playlist.

And I love the Pandora application. It is great to have my classical music radio playing in stereo on my desk or ABBA when I walk! (Yea my daughter teases me about ABBA too!) And we know that the Bold really plays a beautiful tune!

Thanks for the thread!
    03-23-09 07:19 PM
    That was a great post. Thanks.
    03-23-09 07:24 PM
    Really enjoyed your post. Thanks!

You for sure do a lot more with your Bold than I do - I don't even know how to do some of those things! Sadly, I have yet to get a media card or add music or movies or anything to my Bold. One day....

No need for me to share my daily routine - it's just never-ending email, PIN, texting, calling, browsing, starting at about 5 am and sometimes going through the night. I guess I am a "basic" but "heavy" user - my Bold is always in or beside my hand and almost always in use.

But no fancy stuff here - yet.
    Thank you for the response .... the idea for this write up was exactly for this reason.... to show the many other uses of your Bold besides the usual....

i'm still curious to see some other ways people use there Bold.... maybe some ideas that even i haven't thought of yet...
    03-23-09 07:31 PM
    I wish I could have eventful day with my bold like this. Being an IT consultant I am always in front of my laptop or in business meetings. And when I am not in being pulled in a hundred different ways I am reading some paper work, crackberry, or berryreview. This theard has me rethinking how I should up my bold game. Great post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 07:52 PM
    pretty darn good day with the bold if you ask me.

i am still on the bold horizon. Niagara falls was so out of proportion. A trip to pluto does not seem imminent.
    03-23-09 09:24 PM
    Gotta love the Bold:

1. Using it as my alarm clock (goodbye old alarm clock, I just SERIOUSLY HOPE that I don't smash my bold by pounding it when it goes off while i'm too lazy to get up)
    2. Using it as my car mp3 player/internet radio player (goodbye ipod and XM!)
    3. Same as #2, but while i'm out jogging/running.
    4. Using it to check my email and facebook
    5. The LEAST thing I use it for.. talking on the phone (I don't talk much on the phone).
    03-23-09 09:57 PM
    That is a very well established routine. I have a different routine for the majority of the week, it depends on if I am at work, or school, or out with my boyfriend, but for the most part it is the same week to week! I may have to do a DITL of my BlackBerry one of these days .
    03-23-09 10:04 PM
    That's classic

03-23-09 10:12 PM
    I am a facebook junkie so I am constantly using mine for fb. And the usual--alarm, sms text, email, etc. My hubby stilll doesn't know which notifications are for what. He just says "your bb is making noise again"

03-23-09 10:21 PM
    Sounds exactly like how I use my bold down to the second.

Have you seen the bluetooth stereo gateway? Probably my favorite accessory for my bold. Makes listening to music in the car so much easier.

Amazon.com: BlackBerry ASY-16130-001 Remote Stereo Bluetooth Gateway (Black) for Blackberry 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8800, 8820, 8830, 9000: Cell Phones & Service

It went back up in price but I got mine for 20 bucks.
    same here, my day is similar but instead of work place school/class haha.

i wish ps3 had a BB app like xbox 360 live does
    03-23-09 10:25 PM
    I am a facebook junkie so I am constantly using mine for fb. And the usual--alarm, sms text, email, etc. My hubby stilll doesn't know which notifications are for what. He just says "your bb is making noise again"
    That's classic !! Sounds like my wife ! Hahahaha

03-23-09 10:25 PM
    wish i got the time to do that
    03-24-09 01:17 AM
    same here, my day is similar but instead of work place school/class haha.

i wish ps3 had a BB app like xbox 360 live does
    Me too. I'm not sure that sony is allowing it. Maybe thats why.
    03-24-09 01:20 AM
    My usual day.

5:45 AM: Wake up, and take a shower.
    6:30 AM: Sit on my PC/berry and start the morning trading.
    8 AM: Go to class while texting, emailing, IMing, playing brickbreaker, being on opera mini, and staying on etrade most the time.
    11 AM: Come home and get on the market.
    2 PM: Usually when I leave for my JR. broker internship office hours.
    6 PM: Eat usually.

Rest of the night I do whatever it is I want, but I stay extremely active on my phone with talking to friends, and my clients.
    03-24-09 02:23 AM
    My Bolds Day (during a work day, this changes weekly because I work in IT but its at least 4-5 days a week):

4:3am: Alarm Goes off. I hit snooze, which is set to a ten minute time interval. This usually happens 3 times.

5:00am: Get out of bed, check messages, emails, facebook, twitter and myspace. Go shower

5:45am: Leave for work, obsessively check my Bold for the time to make sure Im not late. Also answer any emails I may have gotten. (I shouldnt do this, texting is illegal in CA now when driving, but Im not texting, technically, Im emails )

6:00am: Get to work. See what the day looks like for me. How many morons have broken their computers. Get everything up and running.

6:30am: Check CB Marketplace and the 9000 forum.

7:00 - 10:am: Check my phone for messages etc.

10:45am-11:30am: "Lunch" Time. Sit on my Bold, enjoy my morning Monster/Rockstar and a cigarette. Either texting, emailing, tweeting, or BBM. Sometimes CB when all those things seem boring.

12pm-3pm: Finish work day- check phone through out the day

3:30pm: Gym- My Bold gets a 2 hours break here :-) I use my shuffle at the gym

5:30pm-11pm: surf the web, CB, etc. My phone is idle most of this time period unless I get a call, text or email. I have my laptop and am in front of it most of the time because I do web design part time :-)

11pm-12:30am: Set alarm and go to bed, repeat in 4 hours.
    03-24-09 09:01 AM
    Hey there!
    I'm not a big BB user... because I'm not very into technologies... but... I've realized they are amazing!!! I've got my bold from work, they gave it to me and now that I ahve it I'm learning how to use it! I have the stereo gateway to! and I MUST KNOW how to use it in my car!!!

I read you have it in your car! could you please tel me how you did it?

thanks a lot!

Andres
    06-11-09 09:20 AM
    I use mine just as much, but not nearly as in a great routine as that. Great post!
    06-11-09 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD