I just recently got a Bold 9930 and many strange things keep happening; one of which is the time/date keep changing by themselves, whether hooked up to the PC or not. Also, the time zone keeps changing. It's so frustrating.

I love this model Bold, but this is crazy. The current settings are: Update Time: Automatic, Time format: 12 hour, Time Zone: Eastern, Auto Update Time Zone: Off (because I thought this was the culprit.)

Help.
    02-28-13 03:29 PM
    If you are syncing your BlackBerry to your PC using Desktop Manager, AND your PC is set to a different time or time zone than the BlackBerry, AND you didn't disable the option to sync device time and PC time, then your computer is changing the time on your BlackBerry. You'll find the setting in Desktop Manager somewhere in the sync options. If that's not the issue, do you live near a time zone boundary?
    02-28-13 10:02 PM
    Yes, the time changes when I hook it up to my computer. However, my computer has the correct time and time zone on it. When the time changes on my BB it is a different time than what is correct on my computer.

These are my current settings for time/date:

Updat Time: Automatic
    Time Format: 12 Hour
    Time Zone: Eastern - Although that keeps changing to Eniwetok!
    Auto Update Time Zone: On

At least the correct date is holding in there!!!
    03-01-13 10:13 AM
    Yes, the time changes when I hook it up to my computer. However, my computer has the correct time and time zone on it. When the time changes on my BB it is a different time than what is correct on my computer.

These are my current settings for time/date:

Updat Time: Automatic
    Time Format: 12 Hour
    Time Zone: Eastern - Although that keeps changing to Eniwetok!
    Auto Update Time Zone: On

At least the correct date is holding in there!!!
    It's been a while since I last heard of the Eniewetok bug. See this thread. I'm afraid it doesn't offer much hope. I'm the "Resident Time Lord" in the words of the British Mod.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...c-sync-212522/
    03-01-13 09:11 PM
    Apparently, the timezone and date have changed at will this evening without being hooked up to the Desktop Manager. I guess I can wait til Monday to see if disabling the auto change in the DM works, but I don't see how now - if the time/dates are changing at home away from the office.

Who the **** can use a phone where the date/time keeps changing? It affects all my Calendar events; which I live by. This is bad news. I may have to try to return this phone. After 2.5 years of not having any serious problems with my 9650, it's a shame I may have to go backwards just to regain my sanity.

Thanks for your attention, anyway.
    03-02-13 12:28 AM
    You are correct, changing the setting in DM won't affect you when you are not connected to the PC. Do you live near a time zone boundary?
    03-02-13 09:26 AM