(T-Mobile US)

So here's one. On a blackberry data plan with connection to BIS, I can average downloading a PDF or an MP3 at maybe 50 to 60 kilobytes. When I had an Android data plan with my 9700 (dont ask) speeds were 250kbytes+.

After talking with T-Mo, they said that those speeds were way lower than they should be (our area is HSPA+ 1 to 6 megabits) which I knew, and they didn't offer me a solution.

What all do you guys git for data speeds?
    08-19-11 07:07 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ut-bis-629968/

Hmm, I manage somewhat around 80-179 KB/s (kilobytes per second, as browsers measure in that speed) on telus mobility. Via wifi, it depends on the ISP. So currently, either way, it's the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 07:40 AM
    Hi,

(T-Mobile US)average downloading a PDF or an MP3 at maybe 50 to 60 kilobytes.
    50 KB/s = 400 kbps. 60 KB/s = 480 kbps.

When I had an Android data plan with my 9700 (dont ask) speeds were 250kbytes+.
    250 KB/s = 2 Mbps.

those speeds were way lower than they should be (our area is HSPA+ 1 to 6 megabits).. What all do you guys git for data speeds?
    hmm.. you know those speeds they rate are theoretical max under ideal conditions and depends on a lot of factors including but not limited to cell loading, distance from tower, weather conditions hence the channel interference as well as you the mobile OS, speed of motion (static or dynamic) etc. In real life as you have already experienced very few people get those speeds. Anyway point is with your Android plan getting 2 Mbps is marginally acceptable. Unless you make a lot of noise with them they will not address it anytime soon. It will, however, get better with time. As for the BIS speeds, yah those are quite pathetic haha.. sorry man! I usually switch to WIFI when doing downloads and its 'okay'.. not measured it but its acceptable.
    08-22-11 11:27 PM
    Tether with DM once enabled, then try speedtest.net, but switch the settings to Kilobytes, because your browser reports that speed when downloading and uploading data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD