I looked at MiniMoni, but saw that it wasn't made for a 4.6 OS.

Can anyone make a recommendation on a data counter? It's imperative moreso for when I am roaming.
    10-10-08 11:34 AM
    I have MiniMoni working on my Bold... Always have.

Graphics don't show properly but the counter works fine.
    10-10-08 11:36 AM
    I have MiniMoni working on my Bold... Always have.

Graphics don't show properly but the counter works fine.
    Is there a set of instructions I can view?

What is the most recent version?
    10-10-08 11:48 AM
    Minimony's probabey the only data counter I've seen (free one), but its hard to see exactly whats on the screen.
    10-10-08 11:51 AM
    Is there a set of instructions I can view?

What is the most recent version?
    No instructions that I have seen... it's pretty straight forward... install, open up, use your menu key to set your preferences (if any) and your done...
    10-10-08 12:15 PM
    eldonjr, you say you're using minimoni on your Bold, but the app's webpage says that it doesn't work with CDMA.

So, does that mean you can't monitor the 3G data ? In which case it's useless to me....

Thanks.
    11-03-08 05:40 AM
    eldonjr, you say you're using minimoni on your Bold, but the app's webpage says that it doesn't work with CDMA.

So, does that mean you can't monitor the 3G data ? In which case it's useless to me....

Thanks.
    Not sure I understand but 3G isn't CDMA.

There is also no 3G service anywhere near me so I don't know...
    11-03-08 06:16 AM
    Thanks eldonjr, I don't know what I was talking about either...
    I thought 3G was CDMA, but I'm not sure why.
    3G=UMTS maybe ?

Either way, I went and downloaded minimoni, and it seems to work on 3G! Which is great. You're right about the graphics being a bit screwed up, but it will do the job.
    11-03-08 06:20 AM
    And man I have to say, that it HOT HOT HOT!!!!

The menus look a little weird, but the counter, wow detailed and with it runing in NEVER OFF mode, I will know exactly what I am using... I have a bold, running 4.6

I am in Canada, so "all you can eat" data is just a dream.... 6gig dont go very far now does it Rogers???

Thanks for the tip on the software!!
    11-12-08 10:11 AM
    its probably not counting right. i dont think it even works on 4.5. last time i tried it was way off my actual usage, so my guess is its not accurate for you either.
    11-12-08 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD