Hi guys,
    Just wondering can you use the internet/bbm etc. (no-wifi) using 2g on the 9900? Or will this cost extra/use data outside of your plan?
    Which is best for the most battery life? 2g & 3g/h+ or 3g/h+?
    Thanks
    05-06-13 05:35 AM
    Hi guys,
    Just wondering can you use the internet/bbm etc. (no-wifi) using 2g on the 9900? Or will this cost extra/use data outside of your plan?
    Which is best for the most battery life? 2g & 3g/h+ or 3g/h+?
    Thanks
    just how do you think people used older blackberries without 3G radios? of course on 2G-EDGE

And you will need a special BlackBerry data plan namely BIS or BES depending on your needs. they are mostly unlimited offers on 2G.

battery life?

2G/EDGE has the better battery life than using 3G..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    05-06-13 06:13 AM
    just how do you think people used older blackberries without 3G radios? of course on 2G-EDGE

And you will need a special BlackBerry data plan namely BIS or BES depending on your needs. they are mostly unlimited offers on 2G.

battery life?

2G/EDGE has the better battery life than using 3G..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Okay thanks. So the only difference between 2g and 3g is speed?
    No, i meant "2g&3g/h+" or "3g/h+". As in the mode with both, versus, just 3g/h+ the whole time. Which is the best for battery life?
    thanks!
    05-07-13 08:14 AM
    Selecting 3G/H+ and 3G/H+ & 2G their will be no real difference in your battery life as it will automatically put you in H+ assuming you have coverage. I would recommend leaving your phone in 2G when not surfing the web as your batter will last much much longer and you will still receive all bbm"s, emails, whatsapps ect.
    05-07-13 09:11 AM
    One question??? When I switch to 2G only, my BIS and all data is not working anymore. I have to keep the phone on 3G/2G mode to work.Any suggestions? OS V7.1.0.342 ( it was working previously before switching OS's)
    05-20-13 05:21 AM
    One question??? When I switch to 2G only, my BIS and all data is not working anymore. I have to keep the phone on 3G/2G mode to work.Any suggestions? OS V7.1.0.342 ( it was working previously before switching OS's)
    Do you have 2G coverage in your area? I know ATT in US is decomissioning various 2G sites once they upgrade them to 3G and or LTE. Have you contacted your carrier to check if anything network related in your area?
    05-20-13 06:14 AM
    Signal show EDGE or GSM in capitals.
    Low and behold it started to work. Did the software on Friday and from the I was battling to get it right. Was working on 3g the whole time but does not want to work on 2g. Then after approx the 3rd or 4th time deleting the service books and pulling the battery it worked. After 13:00 a new service book arrived when I left the phone on 2G after batt pull and service book deleted. From then it is working. Hope it stays the same.
    05-20-13 06:51 AM