Not much going on with the 9700 right now so I figured I'd share my BB fun for the week. I ordered a green to white fade bezel and battery door from ebay for 10 bucks. It was real easy to install and fits great. Looks even better Here's a link to mine

http://db.tt/VvQoJya

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 07:56 AM
    Nice! Great idea.
    06-10-11 09:24 AM
    do you have the ebay link?

looks good.
    06-10-11 11:08 AM
    Interesting for sure. Always fun to customize the look of your personal items, lends them some personality and reflects upon the carrier as well. Thumbs up for the guts to try it, alone!

06-12-11 12:45 AM
    Green in White Housing case for Blackberry Bold 9700 | eBay

Just search 9700 Green Housing. There are all kinds of awesome looking new shells. I'm actually tempted to get another. They are cheap, shipping was decently fast (considering it came all the way from china), and it was a breeze to put on.

For anyone who hasn't tried it; it's as simple as popping off some plastic and taking out 2 screws. Simple

06-12-11 08:26 PM
    Ok I just saw this as I was looking for the link to the one I bought. I ended up ordering this one because it has the full housing. Little bit bigger of a project, since the internals need to be swapped. However, in 2 weeks my 9700 should be FULLY white and green No more black from the housing! Ill post pics when I'm done. For now, here's the link

Green-W FULL Housing cover+Keypad Blackberry 9700 BOLD | eBay

06-12-11 08:38 PM
    how does the keyboard feel? is it just like the original keyboard? i find that the keyboards from china the buttons are a lil hard to press at times
    06-12-11 09:09 PM
    how does the keyboard feel? is it just like the original keyboard? i find that the keyboards from china the buttons are a lil hard to press at times
    They keyboard feels great! The back button clicks a very insignificant amount, but it doesn't bother me. I started this whole thing because the 9700 had been dropped in water. Not sure if that made the keyboard harder to press, but I would almost say the new one is easier.
    06-13-11 07:48 PM
    liking the green and white, i wonder how it would look with red....

a little bit off topic but....
    btw, judging from that picture i can tell that your a car nut like me
    that red box looks like a torque wrench (judging by the size of the redbull...i think 3/8 torque wrench?)
    matco toolbox
    a brake pedal holder/depressor
    some shop red automotive shop rags...
    blue box in the back guessing had/has brake pads in them...

let me know how im doing lol
    06-16-11 02:19 PM
    liking the green and white, i wonder how it would look with red....

a little bit off topic but....
    btw, judging from that picture i can tell that your a car nut like me
    that red box looks like a torque wrench (judging by the size of the redbull...i think 3/8 torque wrench?)
    matco toolbox
    a brake pedal holder/depressor
    some shop red automotive shop rags...
    blue box in the back guessing had/has brake pads in them...

let me know how im doing lol
    Haha, you're good. Everything but the box... It's snapon. I know, the blue throws ya off

Anyways, I'm still waiting on the new FULL housing from china. In the meantime, here is the back and side of the green/white fade.

*Sorry about the hugeness
    06-16-11 02:42 PM
    Finally received my new housing! I'm pumped, here's a pic
    Supposed to be at dinner, but I might have to get started haha
    06-25-11 07:32 PM
    Looks good man, I'm not much for white or green, but that is nice....and who needs to be at dinner?

SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-25-11 08:56 PM
    Looks good man, I'm not much for white or green, but that is nice....and who needs to be at dinner?
    Haha good call! Yeah it's a bit much, the white an green, but whatever, it's custom. I'm definitely pumped to see yours when it's done. Gold black and red would be sweet. FYI the actual "housing" was a HUGE pain in the ***! Swaping the covers for the flash, taking out the flash, swapping the 3.5 jack, taking off the back of the back, taking out the charging ports, were all SERIOUSLY tricky. I kinda wish I would have made a video Well, here are pics of the final product. Done and done.

And metllicamilitia, like I said earlier, both our packages were held up in china, but mine arrived today so I expect yours any day.

06-25-11 11:35 PM
    Sounds like it's gonna be fun putting it together. And all said and done, you have one amazing berry there. Has me much more excited for mine. Can't wait, and again, thanks man.

06-26-11 12:24 AM
    Sounds like it's gonna be fun putting it together. And all said and done, you have one amazing berry there. Has me much more excited for mine. Can't wait, and again, thanks man.

No problem! I should mention, everything seems to work except the charging contacts. I found out this morning the cradle charger is not working, so good luck with that one All in all, a very fun project and I'm glad I did it. If anyone has a white (or black) 9700 they want to throw the green to white fade on, just let me know. It's the one from the other pictures
    06-26-11 11:33 AM
    Okay, a few pics, from the original white and mistreatment to black to black/red/gold, unfortunately I'm stuck with the white screen for now, I will eventually fix that ha ha.

06-30-11 07:15 PM
    Looks great man! A definite improvement haha

06-30-11 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD