hey all a few days after getting my bold i ran into an issue regarding the headset. it stopped working in one ear....so after much thinking i thought that i would go poindexter on it! see i had a set of broken bose headphones (ear buds) and as i thought i remebered that the problem with the headphones was that the 1/8 inch plug was damaged(i know i could replace that part since i work at a radio shack) anyways so what i did was chop the ear buds off and re-soldered them to the bb headset. i took quite some time (3 hours exactly with the help of a co-worker who is proof reading over my shoulder lol stop william!) but now they work and sound amazing!!! here's some pics

so yea thats my story! lol
    06-02-09 12:14 PM
    Cool....but no microphone?
    06-02-09 01:03 PM
    I applaud your initiative but I think you're going to get tired of that heat shrink tubing real quick (especially since the one seems about an inch longer than the other). You should hve made the cuts down further where they wouldn't be right near your ears.
    06-02-09 01:11 PM
    Lol yea it does have a mic. I use the stock bb headset that came with the phone. And yea this was trial and error so I don't expect them to last very long, I mean no har done both headset were're working. But u prob right ill eventualy buy a good set of phones with a mic, at work we just got some in and there actually pretty good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 04:10 PM
    I applaud your initiative but I think you're going to get tired of that heat shrink tubing real quick (especially since the one seems about an inch longer than the other). You should hve made the cuts down further where they wouldn't be right near your ears.
    After discusing this with my co conspiritor we thought that it wouldn't be good to do that cause if they ever snagged it would have riped but ur right its not as apealling to the eye but hey it was fun and free to make

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 04:17 PM
    ...great initiative...enjoy them...and if you come across any great BB headphones (with mic) that are mass produced - let me know. I'm using Sennheisers C$99 at the Apple store in toronto (as low as $10 on ebay - hmmm think there might be counterfeits?) which are pretty good
    06-05-09 09:19 AM
    Try the new Auvio headphones with mic.. then tell me what you think. (Obviously I'm a fellow Shackster)
    06-05-09 11:30 AM
    Try the new Auvio headphones with mic.. then tell me what you think. (Obviously I'm a fellow Shackster)
    AHAHAHA! i was just going to recommend thos!! (just got my pair (customer return..so..."scraped") yea there really good too. great base and they dont fall out the ears easily! this is a plus for me because my ipod hates me so i use BB media player and since i run and have had other head sets fall out of my ears....but these dont, real secure....i wish the plug was right angle tho....
    06-05-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD