I'm thinking about getting a curve instead of bold. How similar are they? Should I just wait for the bold? I am curently using a pearl 8130.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 11:47 PM
    The Bold is a much advanced device...one of the threads here has the comparison and I'll see if I can find it. But if you don't wanna wait for at least 3-4 more months (considering you're on Verizon) then go for the Curve. Its a great device.
    08-17-08 11:49 PM
    Is the curve better than the pearl?

08-17-08 11:51 PM

IMO...yes. More memory, bigger screen, and full qwerty. I would go for the Curve as Verizon will not have the BOLD until sometime 2009.
    08-17-08 11:52 PM
    Its a matter of preference. None of the current devices are necessarily better than another..... The cdma curves have 96MB of mem which is nice, but outside of that.. The curve has the full qwerty keyboard and a larger screen with better graphics. Some people prefer the suretype and size of the pearl. Its up to you really.

08-17-08 11:53 PM
    Nope, cant say that.

Curve has a bigger screen, more memory and QWERTY.

Pearl has SureType which I love and makes typing a breeze. Plus 8110, 8120 and 8130 have video recording, voice notes and support upto 8GB memory cards which Curves do not...unless you upgrade to OS 4.5 which none of the US carriers have released officially..you can get versions from Orange and some Italian carriers.

Also...size is a consideration for some. Pearls, as is obvious, are much slimmer and compact. I like both the Pearl and the Curve!
    08-17-08 11:54 PM

It really depends on why you want the phone...my friend really enjoys his pearl just because of the form factor. It's smaller than the rest of the berries, and fits nicely in a pocket. As for me, at this point I would NEVER get another phone without a Qwerty keyboard. I use my phone almost more for emails and texting than even talking now, and so I have to have that full keyboard! Personally, I also think the Curve is much betta looking than the Pearl, lol... But keep in mind, besides the form factor, both phones do exactly the same thing and have the same capabilities (without going into semantics about GPS and Wifi).

For you, I would recommend starting with a Curve... I think you'll love it! I am getting a Bold myself, but that's because I'm a techie nut, and also because I've had my Curve for a while now...

Cheers!
    08-17-08 11:57 PM
    Tanks for the help guys. I think I'm going to get the thunder when that comes out and just stick with the pearl for now!

08-18-08 12:03 AM
    A Verizon 8330 also does voice recording and supports up to 8gb SDHC media card. It is running OS 4.3, not 4.2.
    08-18-08 12:27 AM
    Personally I think the Pearl looks much better than the Curve. The chrome side rails give the Pearl a lot of pizzaz!

08-18-08 12:32 AM
    I like the curve for the qwerty and the fact it fits in my palm right (but i got meat paws) AND the wifi made it not too bad waiting for t-mo to give me my unlock code :P
    08-18-08 12:46 AM
    I have the curve (8310) and have been mulling over the bold, which I can now get on Orange (apparently).

Things holding me back:

- Leather back! Sorry but I am not liking the look of the back.
    - Size, it is slightly bigger in all dimensions than the curve and heavier too. The curve just feels right in the hand.
    - Battery life. Not having 3g on the curve is proving to be blessing as under normal use I am getting 2-3 days out of it between charges. On paper the bold has good battery life but I wonder about in practice.

I think I need to have a play with the bold and see it in the flesh before I decide.
    08-18-08 04:32 AM
    LOL.

After all the debate he decides to go with the phone no one has considered. Love it!
    08-18-08 04:53 AM
    Nope, cant say that.

Curve has a bigger screen, more memory and QWERTY.

Pearl has SureType which I love and makes typing a breeze. Plus 8110, 8120 and 8130 have video recording, voice notes and support upto 8GB memory cards which Curves do not...unless you upgrade to OS 4.5 which none of the US carriers have released officially..you can get versions from Orange and some Italian carriers.

Also...size is a consideration for some. Pearls, as is obvious, are much slimmer and compact. I like both the Pearl and the Curve!
    Point of correction the 8330 has video recording as well. Even plays youtube videos wit the stock 4.3 OS

08-18-08 07:37 AM
    I have the curve (8310) and have been mulling over the bold, which I can now get on Orange (apparently).

Things holding me back:

- Leather back! Sorry but I am not liking the look of the back.
    - Size, it is slightly bigger in all dimensions than the curve and heavier too. The curve just feels right in the hand.
    - Battery life. Not having 3g on the curve is proving to be blessing as under normal use I am getting 2-3 days out of it between charges. On paper the bold has good battery life but I wonder about in practice.

I think I need to have a play with the bold and see it in the flesh before I decide.
    You can turn off the 3G to save battery on the Bold and enjoy all the other upgrades!! At least some can get it now, in the US we have to wait on AT&T to get their act together!!!
    08-18-08 09:04 AM
    the bold definetely feels not much bigger than the curve...its slim and feels reeally good in the hand!
    u can turn 3G off and use 2G only (what saves battery)!

wait for the bold..

08-18-08 10:34 AM
    LOL.

After all the debate he decides to go with the phone no one has considered. Love it!
    Yeah who would've thought! I love it too!
    08-18-08 08:47 PM
    Thunder all the way... I don't have time to wait for the bold!

08-18-08 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD