I have a 8330 on Sprint right now, running 5.0. I am getting tired of the lag and low memory because of the 5.0 shoehorned into the 8330.

So in a fit of insanity, I ordered a Bold from Sprint last night. I ordered it w/o a contract upgrade, but I am going to try it out and see how I like it.

Is there anything really better about the Bold over the Curve? Anything worse?
    09-13-10 08:43 PM
    I came over from 8330. Lots of memory. Much faster. Different keypad- I still have trouble typing sometimes. Long boot up times. Overall much better and money well spent.
    Enjoy
    09-13-10 08:54 PM
    Best way to compare them is from this link BlackBerry - Compare BlackBerry Smartphones and PDAs at BlackBerry.com

You'll notice the 9650 is better in almost every aspect. You'll surely love it!
    09-13-10 09:09 PM
    You'll love it. You moved up from the minors to the majors. Great phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 09:18 PM
    I'm on two weeks with my Bold after 20 months using the 8330. I really liked the Curve and was eagerly anticipating the Bold. To be honest, it's surpassed my expectations in virtually every area. Maybe it was more of a step up for me since on USCC I was running 4.5, but everything is incrementally better on this device. Still getting used to the keyboard; I think it's easier and faster with two hands but a little tougher than on the Curve with one hand. Love the WiFi, love being able to install and use more than just a few apps on the phone, the browser is better, just everything about it.
    09-13-10 09:19 PM
    What to expect? Expect WIN to start seeping from your pores. Expect to become more attractive to the opposite sex. Expect children in public places to stop crying when you are there. Expect better gas mileage and longer tire wear on your vehicle.
    Even if none of that stuff I said happens, you will love your Bold. Welcome to the forum.

09-13-10 11:47 PM
    What to expect? Expect WIN to start seeping from your pores. Expect to become more attractive to the opposite sex. Expect children in public places to stop crying when you are there. Expect better gas mileage and longer tire wear on your vehicle.
    Even if none of that stuff I said happens, you will love your Bold. Welcome to the forum.

this was easily the best post I have seen all month.
    Well excluding wulfs posts. But that's still amazing.

09-14-10 09:39 PM
    Be careful - the Bold is made for the SERIOUS Blackberry user. You may not be able to handle how awesome it is. Ha! No, I've used the 7250, 8305e, the 8330 Curve, 8830 World Edition, Storm 1, Tour, and now the Bold. My absolute favorite was the 8830 World Edition but of all the newer Blackberries out there, this is the best. My favorite thing about it is the way the keyboard types. So different from the Tour. Much, much better.

09-15-10 02:53 AM
    Getting ready to upgrade from my Curve 8330 with Verizon in two weeks . . . reading a lot of posts and reviews both on Verizon and here. Bold 9650 getting great reviews overall. Reading some complaints about crooked or peeling trackpads, and even some about the paint rubbing off the keys . . .

Anyone know if Blackberry and/or Verizon have addressed and fixed these problems. They would tend to annoy me GREATLY! And after damaging my original Curve 8330 (dropped it in water) the insurance replacements are all "like new reconditioned" ones, and not really perfect . . . I don't want to get a new BB, then have to replace it months down the road, after the exchange period is over, and settle for a reconditioned one with it's own problems.

Have a friend who upgraded to a Tour, I think, from her Curve 8330, because the 8330 just quit on her, and she had a lot of trouble with the Tour and didn't like it . . .

I'm sold on Blackberry, tho. I love my Curve 8330, but not too fond of the trackball. It's functional, does everything I need it to do, and the ease of synchronizing the calendar and tasks with Desktop Manager is key . . . When I had to transfer data from my original Curve to 2 insurrance replacements, I could not believe how simple, fast and perfect the process was thru DM.

I run Outlook 2003 on my laptop, and it is imperative that I be able to continue to synchronize my organizer data with whatever BB I have.

Any input on the current status of the trackball and/or key paint issue, and the DM synchronizing function of the Bold 9650? I read about some issues with that, but seemed mostly with OS 6?????
    09-15-10 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD