This site just pisses me off!

Before i found this site i had decided to buy my 1st BB. SO i start to do research on BB and it leads me here.

My phone history goes like this----I see a cool phone commercial on TV do some checking on it, If i Like it I buy it. NOW thanks to this site, I find a Phone that is what i think the phone to beat all, But Don't even know when it is comming out! I need this phone like yesterday! I have never had to wait for a phone before, it's Killing me. I WANT THE ONYX!

Thanks alot! (rest assured now that i have found this site and will surely become a Black/Crackberry addict, it will happen many more times to come)
    CURSE YOU CB!

I have a trip starting the 1st of Aug. If the wait is more than 6 months I really need to klnow! I will get a curve for now. Please if one of you insiders can let me know I would greatly appericiate it.
    07-20-09 12:07 PM
    if your going to try and wait for a phone to beat them all, your going to be waiting A LONG TIME. by the tim the Onyx comes out, there will be a better and bigger BB in the making. You will never have the best just becuase there always coming out with bigger and better ones.
    07-20-09 12:14 PM
    The onyx will be the state of art device now. But in a few months who knows?
    07-20-09 12:17 PM
    I agree totally, but for me for the next few years (probably) this is the one. I just wish i knew how long i had to wait.
    07-20-09 12:23 PM
    if your going to try and wait for a phone to beat them all, your going to be waiting A LONG TIME. by the tim the Onyx comes out, there will be a better and bigger BB in the making. You will never have the best just becuase there always coming out with bigger and better ones.
    Well put, that pretty much goes for any electronics, I just bought a 52' LCD 1080p HDTV two months ago, I walked into Best Buy a few weeks ago and they have the new Samsung LED TV to replace mine I just bought...
    07-20-09 12:27 PM
    I agree totally, but for me for the next few years (probably) this is the one. I just wish i knew how long i had to wait.
    theres a thread seriously like one below your thread you made up talking about the release date
    07-20-09 12:28 PM
    theres a thread seriously like one below your thread you made up talking about the release date
    I didn't make that one up, i was told that by the guy at AT&T, I am thinking now he was full of it. Had it been true we should have heard something by now Officially.
    07-20-09 12:34 PM
    I never listen to the CS reps at the store, you will learn what you need to know here...
    07-20-09 12:38 PM
    If you read the threads with onyx release date in the name you will find some info. Sith, radio, and CX all are in the know. While they are bound by NDA's, they can give us hints. One of which is that as of last week, Onyx is on track for a November'ish release. Now according to those guys, onyx has not been released to the testers at ATT yet, which could mean a delay past November. However, from what they have mentioned, marketing is pushing hard for a Oct/Nov release.

Just hope and pray that there are no major software bugs or hardware issues during the testing that will delay the release.

I myself am waiting for the onyx. For me it is frustrating to wait since my edge reception went down the hole when ATT moved the frequencies to the higher bands.
    07-20-09 06:10 PM
    If you read the threads with onyx release date in the name you will find some info. Sith, radio, and CX all are in the know. While they are bound by NDA's, they can give us hints. One of which is that as of last week, Onyx is on track for a November'ish release. Now according to those guys, onyx has not been released to the testers at ATT yet, which could mean a delay past November. However, from what they have mentioned, marketing is pushing hard for a Oct/Nov release.

Just hope and pray that there are no major software bugs or hardware issues during the testing that will delay the release.

I myself am waiting for the onyx. For me it is frustrating to wait since my edge reception went down the hole when ATT moved the frequencies to the higher bands.
    They can't be that far away from having a perfectly working final product. The 2 phones I have are pretty solid, and even though they are running on v5.0.0.111 they work perfectly fine. No random reboots at all. The hardware is pretty solid too. I'm sure this phone will be here sooner than later, but that is just my opinion...
    07-20-09 06:17 PM
    I have heard from sith et al, that the hardware is finalized ( with the exception of the trackball vs trackpad), and it is the software that is being tweaked. Anyone know of that is true? I do know that the ATT testers don't have it yet, which could be a problem since it is up to ATT to decide when to release it. IIRC the Bold was released to testers in early July 2008 and was release in mid Nov, suggesting that the testing period could take up to 5 months. I hope it is sooner than Nov, but not at the expense of software/hardware stability.
    07-20-09 06:29 PM
    It may seem like the phone runs solidly now, but when they're in mass production things change. Just wait it out, hopefully it'll be out by the end of the year. If not, have peace of mind knowing they're working out all the bugs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 07:16 PM
    CX briefly mentioned in another thread that newer versions of the Onyx OS (.113 and up?) Will only be supporting the trackpad.

07-21-09 04:18 AM
    ONYX will be a brilliant device...i am waiting for it . maybe the onyx or the bold upgrade whichever comes first :-)
    07-21-09 04:31 AM
    IIRC the Bold was released to testers in early July 2008 and was release in mid Nov.
    While that's true to my knowledge, the big issue behind it was the network. Kevin tried to use his unlocked pre-release Bold in New York when it had been running just fine on Rogers. He hit the ATT network and all he-double hockeysticks broke loose. Reboots and issues. Something about the iPhones sucking up the network bandwidth? It took a while to get that sorted out. Assuming that ATT has got that under control and adding the 9020 (Onyx) doesn't screw more up, we shouldn't see that much of a delay, but I would still look for a late fall release.

The Onyx is a Bold update, BTW. Thus it's a 9020. And word has it ATT *will* be getting a 8520 as their final 2G phone ever. I suspect that has to do with the increased popularity of the original Curve series and the economy's state of being. May be their smartest move this year.

07-21-09 08:58 AM
    And as soon as you have that sweet Onyx in your hands when it launches, Crackberry.com will have a hands-on with the magnum review up and you'll wish you got that instead.

That's just how technology is. You buy one thing, just to see it become overshadowed by the newer version around the corner. Buying an hdtv? gotta get 1080p...Have a 1080p tv? gotta get 120 hz hdtv's, got one of those, gotta get new LED 240 hz tv's etc...
    07-21-09 09:04 AM
    This site is like the game of golf. You can be putzing around the website a little here and there all day long with nothing interesting going on and then one interesting post gets your hopes up and keeps you coming back for more. Just like that one good shot.
    07-21-09 12:33 PM
    I agree, with every piece of technology in the next few months there will always be something bigger and better! Unfortunately I'll only be a year into my contract in November, but I'll still get the Onyx, just have to pay an early upgrade fee! Totally worth it!
    07-21-09 01:00 PM
    That's funny Sarge,
    I did the same thing when I got my bold. I can't actually believe I am considering getting a second blackberry. The onyx is very cool. ps are u Sergeant in police or military? pockets
    07-21-09 01:01 PM
    Agree with mhbensen. Once Onyx is released, there'll be another BB in the making that makes even the Onyx feel old and outdated.
    07-21-09 01:03 PM
    I never listen to the CS reps at the store, you will learn what you need to know here...

Spoken like a true addict! AMEN!
    07-21-09 01:19 PM
    Moore's Law: Moore's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Simply put, technology will double itself every 2 years.
    07-22-09 12:15 AM
    Well here is an update. I went out and picked up a curve 8310. It is gonna be the wifes phone as soon as I can get my hands on a Onyx. I have had it for 2 full days now and am in love with BB. The 8310 is a little small for me, but I love what it can do. I figured I would learn on this so I can get right to it on the Onyx! I AM AN ADDICT, ALLREADY!

07-25-09 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD