Ok, I have a really curious problem, and I'm 90% certain it lies with Google. I just bought the 9650, coming from the 8330m. I really needed to keep my emails and messages, so I backed up the 8330m, then did a restore to the 9650 using DM. I've got 4 email addresses, and 3 of them set up without a hitch. The gmail address, however, is driving me nuts. It restored all of the messages, but also created another empty email folder with the same email address. When I push the service books, it deletes the folder with all the previous messages, leaving just the empty one with the activation message that just arrived. As I said, the others work just fine, it's only the gmail that does this. Any ideas?
    05-21-10 11:05 PM
    Ok, I have a really curious problem, and I'm 90% certain it lies with Google. I just bought the 9650, coming from the 8330m. I really needed to keep my emails and messages, so I backed up the 8330m, then did a restore to the 9650 using DM. I've got 4 email addresses, and 3 of them set up without a hitch. The gmail address, however, is driving me nuts. It restored all of the messages, but also created another empty email folder with the same email address. When I push the service books, it deletes the folder with all the previous messages, leaving just the empty one with the activation message that just arrived. As I said, the others work just fine, it's only the gmail that does this. Any ideas?
    Maybe this thread will help you?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/bold-gmail-plug-issues-469996/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 11:13 PM
    When you restore, do an advanced restore and only do the Messages. Make sure you do this after sending your email service books to the new device. Basically, don't restore the old email service books.

05-22-10 05:56 AM
    Maybe this thread will help you?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/bo...issues-469996/

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not using the plug-in.
    05-22-10 06:13 PM
    When you restore, do an advanced restore and only do the Messages. Make sure you do this after sending your email service books to the new device. Basically, don't restore the old email service books.

Ok, this semi-sorta worked. The messages have all appeared in the generic message folder, but not in the gmail folder. This will work in the absence of anything better, but it's still odd that all my messages for my other email accounts were restored to their original folder, but gmail will not. As I said, I'm 90% certain it's gmail since the others worked fine.

Thanks for the help!

Thomas
    05-22-10 06:18 PM
    I finally figured it out. It was due to the Enhanced Gmail Plug-in. I tried removing it using DM, I tried CrackUtil, nothing worked until I did the following:

Here is a way to do it without using 3rd part apps… seems to put it back to how it was before BIS 3.0

Go into email setup and delete your gmail address, once it is gone still in the email settings…

Click on add and choose other (not gmail)

Type in an email address anything@anything.com
    And type in any password

Click next
    Itll warn you that the data you entered was not correct
    But after that it will let you input your own settings, in this screen you can change the email address to x@gmail.com
    Supply your password
    Server is imap.gmail.com
    Username is x@gmail.com (full thing with @gmail.com)

Once this is done it will have added your email account but not added it using the advanced gmail plugin and as such it will act and feel like it has up to now.

Still no 2 way read sync, but at least when you archive using the web, it will update the blackberry inbox too.

Hope this helps

Btw – really annoyed with RIM for this stupid update – love the functionality of being to label and search from the phone, but not syncing the archives you do online, so pathetic.
    I moved all my important emails to the trash folder, then restored them to the inbox, and Bingo! Everything is right with my little email world now
    Last edited by firefyter; 05-22-10 at 11:04 PM.
    05-22-10 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD