Hi,

I did a search but could not find what i am looking for maybe you can help me.

So on my nokia i coul make groups and if someone that is in that group i would get a different ringtone and if you are not you just get the funky ringtone.

How do i do it on the BB.

thnx Struggler
    10-09-08 03:15 AM
    Hi,

I did a search but could not find what i am looking for maybe you can help me.

So on my nokia i coul make groups and if someone that is in that group i would get a different ringtone and if you are not you just get the funky ringtone.

How do i do it on the BB.

thnx Struggler

go to phonebook > blackberry key > new group > blackberry key > add member
    10-09-08 03:19 AM
    Thats how to make the group. How can you make each group have a specific rintone?
    02-16-09 04:19 PM
    This bothered me for years on my Bberry but I figured it out.

Go to your ringer profiles, and select "Advanced" go to the profile you mostly use I chose Normal, as I always use Normal unless I need my phone to be on Vibrate in which case tones don't matter.

Anyways hit the menu button and say "New Exception" from here it's pretty straightforward set up an Exception for anyone you want in a single group and name the group. Or even one person if you want.

Cool?! Tell me if you have any problems.
    02-16-09 05:08 PM
    I'm a little confused. How does that make each group have a different ringtone?

For example, on my old LG i had groups like "College Guys", "College Girls", "Work", "Family" and each one of these groups had a different ringtone so everyone in the group had the same ringtone but people in another group had a different ringtone
    02-16-09 05:57 PM
    Anyone else know?
    05-31-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD