I connect my blackberry to my computer, and Desktop Manager opens up. I sync and backup, and whenever I try to open BBSAK or CrackUtil, they both say no device connected, but it still shows as connected on Desktop Manager. It will occasionally disconnect from Desktop Manager. Do you think it may be a problem with the BB, the USB cord, the USB connection? The BB is my dad's, he purchased it from his work, and he got a new job, so he gave me his phone. I "unlocked it" (whatever blackberries call allowing different SIM cards. I had a company in Quebec, Canada do it, with a MEP code they emailed me, which worked), and he had contacted IT services to remove the enterprise restrictions. Could that be the problem?

I have been trying to wipe my OS, and I was wondering if it was related to being "unlocked" (see above) or if there was possibly "leftovers" from when they removed the enterprise software? They remotely removed it, somehow.

In the "About" section, it says it has "Micro Edition Security and Trust Services". Could it also be that?

I know it's a complex question, with many facets, but any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

It's a BB Bold 9700, running OS v5.0.0.351 (platform 5.1.0.98).
    11-20-11 02:21 PM
    You should update the OS. Also, run a forum search for how to completely remove an IT policy. There is a few processes that are preventing BBSAK from detecting it, you'll need to go into task manager via CTRL-Shift-Esc in or CTRL-ALT-DELETE and end any that started with or before desktop manager. Close desktop manager before running BBSAK.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD