OK, I installed the all white case (that comes with the white screen cover) and I cracked the left portion of my LCD screen. What are my options? Phone still works as I'm posting this from it. Is the screen replacement something I could do on my onwn? Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 09:48 AM
    OK, I installed the all white case (that comes with the white screen cover) and I cracked the left portion of my LCD screen. What are my options? Phone still works as I'm posting this from it. Is the screen replacement something I could do on my onwn? Thanks in advance

Yes, you can order and replace your own screen.
    07-10-09 09:50 AM
    you could do it on your own...just order the screen from cnn.cn, if they're in stock, and watch the video they link on their site that shows how.
    07-10-09 09:53 AM
    I ordered mine on ebay for half the price. be careful with the ribbon cable. this is a no-joke procedure. mine may have just been weak (2nd bold--at&T hungary bold which showed many other STRONG signs of lacking quality)
    07-10-09 09:57 AM
    I got one off ebay as well for 39.99 with FREE shipping. Thanks all for the quick help.

So what do you all recommend? I leave the black screen cover or take it off? Any other tips on how to remove that piece without cracking the LCD ??
    07-10-09 10:23 AM
    07-10-09 11:00 AM
    make sure you purchased the right screen! i believe there are three different types!
    07-10-09 11:17 AM
    make sure you purchased the right screen! i believe there are three different types!
    I've read that also, but haven't looked into it. So you're saying certain screens won't work on certain bolds?? That's craziness.

07-10-09 11:42 AM
    I've read that also, but haven't looked into it. So you're saying certain screens won't work on certain bolds?? That's craziness.

yeap, i just replaced my lcd. My rogers bold uses the 002/004 screen.

if disassemble your bb, the number is etched on the bottom of the lcd frame.
    07-10-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD