I've done a search and can't find anything about this. I noticed the other day what looked like a crack on the "back" (the button to the right of the trackball) button on my Bold. Now it's fully split in half. I can see the light coming through from inside the phone and completely pull apart the plastic. Has anyone had this happen? I imagine warranty won't cover it, but am looking for advise. Thanks.
    08-11-09 08:13 PM
    how long have you had it? if you sound convincing enough RIM might take it onto their hands to fix. sounds more like physicall abuse but if thats all that is broken then your lucky
    08-11-09 09:11 PM
    I bought it new in March. So far I love this phone. No abuse. I take very good care of it. I just can't believe that by simply pushing the button a bunch of times that it would break in half. I'm going to stop at the store tomorrow and see what they say. Just wondering if anyone else has had their button break in half. Seems very odd.
    08-11-09 09:14 PM
    Do not mess with it.
    Bring it back to ATT for warranty exchange. This should be covered since the phone apparently shows no abuse.
    08-11-09 09:16 PM
    yea you can bring it to a store and ask for advice, but don't not let them "try to fix it". the warranty will be null
    08-11-09 09:18 PM
    I'm posting a pic, so hopefully you can see what I am talking about. The button has completely split in half to where I can lift it up.
    08-11-09 09:21 PM
    Wow, that is pretty wild.
    08-11-09 09:41 PM
    Take it back to AT&T. If there are no ther marks on the phone then they cant say you dropped it, because how could you possibly drop it on the "back" key for it to break?

Dont take a refurb, get a new phone. As far as you are concered, it came broken and you didnt notice until it started to lift up.
    08-11-09 09:59 PM
    Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I went to an AT & T repair center and they replaced it under warranty. Back in action baby!
    08-12-09 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD