Is there anyway to tell what version of the lcd i need to get besides taking it apart? If I do have to take it apart, does anyone know where I can get the t5 torx locally?(Kitchener, Canada)

Thanks
    08-20-09 11:20 AM
    Its on the back of the lcd it should say either 001/004, 002/004, or 003/004 I think. But considering the cost most you can't get for under $60(if your lucky) you might as well just do a insurance claim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 11:31 AM
    insurance will have a replacement at your door in about 15 hours
    08-20-09 11:42 AM
    Insurance? People insure their phones?
    08-20-09 11:55 AM
    Insurance? People insure their phones?
    Yes, in the US and UK they offer good insurance options that are relatively cheap. Not sure about the rest of Europe. Here in Canada? not so much. I've looked into it with a few insurance brokers and they tend to want $150.00 for deductable, $25/month.

Someone let me know if anyone knows of a good insurance broker to go through here in Canada...
    08-20-09 02:01 PM
    Is there anyway to tell what version of the lcd i need to get besides taking it apart? If I do have to take it apart, does anyone know where I can get the t5 torx locally?(Kitchener, Canada)

Thanks
    I got my T5 screw driver from Canadian Tire. Easy. Need to take it apart to see the code. Cnn.cn for $80 lcd screens. Not sure if you can find them cheaper. Cnn.cn also has a video tutorial on how to disassemble a Bold.
    08-20-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD