I just upgraded from 9700/5.0.0.979. To 9700/6.0.0.526 and I have the following questions:

1) I lost "UberTweet" in my system menu. It was there after the original reboot to .526 but them I rebooted again and it has since been gone.

2) When I reboot, I have 49MB and after about 6 hours I go to 29MB and then after 2 more days I hover at 27MB. I know this is the dreded memory leak everyone says, but is there a solution to this or an app that should be deleted?

Also, how low is "too low". I am not looking for subjective answers; rather objective - whereas, the functionality of my phone begins to get compromised.

Thanks and take care,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 03:57 PM
    Also now my optical pad is hyper sensitive when pressed. Sometimes I press it and it "clicks" 3-4 times after one press.

Thoughts?

07-30-11 04:59 PM
    Do you have the latest UberSocial version? If so, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling.

So far, no fix for memory leak has been found on the 9700. Some hybrid OS versions help in slowing it, you can check the Hybrids forum for feedback.

You can adjust the trackpad sensitivity on the Trackpad Sensitivity section of the Options menu.

You can also try a newer version of OS6, .600 or .615. if your issues continue to happen.
    07-30-11 10:00 PM
    That is a bummer about the memory leak.

Changing the trackpad sensitivity didn't do me any good( I moved it down to 20). It is just hyper sensitive.

Judson

07-30-11 10:07 PM
    That is a bummer about the memory leak.

Changing the trackpad sensitivity didn't do me any good( I moved it down to 20). It is just hyper sensitive.

Judson

It could be a faulty track pad. As for the memory leak, What you can do is use BB Boss and shrink it. Try updating to the 6.0.0.615 from Bell. Remember to delete Vendor.XML in your Research in Motion Folder. After a shrink and that os, I fall from 100mb and it stabalizes around 90mbish after a few days day. Batterylife is great too.
    07-31-11 08:53 AM
    Well, it is odd because I've had this phone for a year and it didn't get too sensitive until OS 6 was installed. It may be a coincidence.

It is my understanding you can't shrink your OS once its installed.

Also, at what level of MB will I begin to see a change in my performance?

07-31-11 11:43 AM
    BB Boss direct-shrink on phone (yes, shrink the OS) is a good option to remove the bloat or excess space eaters. Try .600 or .615, use apploader to upgrade. If the trackpad remains hyper, just downgrade via apploader to OS 5 again and stick with it knowing it'll work and function without compromise.

07-31-11 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD