I wanted the BOLD but I cant wait any longer, my old provider wasnt cutting it. I picked up a brand new in box curve 8310 for $200. It had to be done, still planning to upgrade when the BOLD drops unless unlocked curve 8900 are out.

Anyone else give up on waiting?
    09-28-08 09:45 PM
    OMG I was just thinking the same thing yesterday, since you already got it, what's your opinion on it? I might go and get the 8310 from AT&T tommorow The wait is killing me.
    09-28-08 10:09 PM
    STICK TO THE BOOOLLDD!!!! lol I picked up my bold a week and a half ago and trust me, ITS THE BEST! Based off the javelin review, there is no real reason to get the 8900 over the 9000 (unless your like me and want the whole BB line up :P). If the small difference in size means the world to you, then I guess go 8900, but the bold has much more to offer in almost everything else. IMO
    09-28-08 10:25 PM
    wait for the bold...right around the corner haha
    09-28-08 10:51 PM
    is it that serious? if you cant wait, just pick one up on the bay or off rogers.ca
    09-28-08 10:58 PM
    Been thinking the same thing. Been holding out for the Bold so I can put to rest my 8800. I was just thinking of buying a Curve outright, then picking up the Bold later with my ever looming discount and giving the Curne to my wife.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 12:17 AM
    The Bold is worth the wait...
    09-29-08 12:52 AM
    I got mine on Friday, and I must say, I haven't put it down all weekend.

My curve got decommissioned effective Friday, at 10:45 am...

I miss it, and I look at it from time to time, but I just say hey, it's ok... The Bold is here, and there is nothing to worry about... It's not like a switched to a Treo, I stayed true.

-all jokes aside: The Bold is definitely worth waiting for. Like the other say, pick one up off Rogers if you can't wait, or visit timtechs.com. Everyone I know who's ordered one from there got it in like 2 days... Unlocked, Unbranded.
    09-29-08 12:56 AM
    Honestly, I love it. First time bb user so how could I not? I figured I would get the Curve while I wait for the Bold to get released. I have a lot of catching up to do, you guys are serious Crackburryheadz. Hopefully a month or two will be enough to get me used to all the updating and tweaks. I must say the speed is crazy, it gathers data very fast.

I was only able to get a prepaid plan for month to month so that was a let down. I have no BIS/BES service. Look forward to a contract plan very soon. I was in a tough spot were I was paying for cell service and have no signal, I had to move on. If you can wait it out, I would. It is right around the corner. I think the curve 8900 is making a stronger case by the day. The bold seems to have issues with AT&T network, whats the point then? If I am wrong then sorry, but most people are saying that on here.
    09-29-08 10:42 PM
    STICK TO THE BOOOLLDD!!!! lol I picked up my bold a week and a half ago and trust me, ITS THE BEST! Based off the javelin review, there is no real reason to get the 8900 over the 9000 (unless your like me and want the whole BB line up :P). If the small difference in size means the world to you, then I guess go 8900, but the bold has much more to offer in almost everything else. IMO
    not to start an argument, but i had a couple of days with both the javelin and bold and I personally IMHO thought the feel of the javeling was obviously more compact and felt better in the hand. I don't know, maybe im just prone to the smaller form factor, but i guess the best advice is to test out both and choose yourself!
    07-06-09 01:24 PM
    where did this thread come from????
    07-06-09 01:48 PM
    revived from the dead lol.
    07-06-09 01:50 PM
    Lol I had to check the date of this post. wow

But yeah, last year, the wait for the Bold was disgusting.
    07-06-09 01:52 PM
    i just tripped off the same thing im reading the first post and im like where is this dude on an island the bold dropped a 8 months ago
    07-06-09 02:46 PM
    am i in a time warp?
    07-06-09 02:50 PM
    am i in a time warp?
    It's just a jump to the left....
    07-06-09 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD