ive been using DM to back up my Bold and create a mirror copy onto my current Curve. however, i noticed when i do "device switch wizard" it always resets the themes on both phones. is there a way to prevent that? im getting a used 8900 in a few days and was gonna use that for a few days. so im wondering if i can just load the newest OS for it (.250) and then just load my Bolds restore file into the 8900. would that work? or do i need to actually go through the device switch inorder for the BBM contacts to be updated automatically. thanks, just want both phones to be carbon copies of eachother (wallpapers, themes and importantly - phonebook, settings and BBM contacts. but i DONT want the Bold resetting the theme after each device switch. is that avoidable?
    06-14-09 01:39 AM
    Use the device switch wizard from DM
    06-14-09 10:46 AM
    Yeah you can just load the backup from your bold to the 8900, i did just that when i changed over to the 8900 and exactly the oposite today when i moved back to my bold LOL
    06-14-09 10:54 AM
    Yes, you can load the backup onto any Berry as far as I know. I've loaded backup's in various directions from/to 9000, 8900, 8310, 8110.

EDIT: It won't set up your theme settings however as they are different devices.
    06-14-09 11:20 AM
    Yes, you can load the backup onto any Berry as far as I know. I've loaded backup's in various directions from/to 9000, 8900, 8310, 8110.

EDIT: It won't set up your theme settings however as they are different devices.
    ok well im gonna have use the BB device switch wizard in order to transfer all BBM contacts and the PIN change. i just didnt want my themes getting reset on my Bold when i did it. it resets the wallpaper and changes some icons. i gotta go and rehide some things. can that be prevented?
    06-14-09 06:49 PM
    ok well im gonna have use the BB device switch wizard in order to transfer all BBM contacts and the PIN change. i just didnt want my themes getting reset on my Bold when i did it. it resets the wallpaper and changes some icons. i gotta go and rehide some things. can that be prevented?
    I'm not sure why your theme is being reset. I was using my 8110 today (finally got 4.5 ) and made a backup that I just loaded onto my 9000. It did not mess with my themes at all. I did notice that the service books are in the backup and were loaded onto my bold so I had extra icons, but I just went and deleted all the service books and resent them from BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 06:59 PM
    If you restore a backup the theme does change. But if you just select the
    theme you want to use, then your icons remain in the same order as when
    you last left the phone before you switched. I do this with my 8900 and 9000
    all the time.
    06-14-09 06:59 PM
    PIN change.
    is that possible? i thought the PIN was device specific?
    06-14-09 07:25 PM
    is that possible? i thought the PIN was device specific?
    by PIN change, i meant when it transfers all BBM contacts to your new phone and automatically updates your new PIN on your BBM contacts device and makes it a seamless transfer without having to re-add them all over again.

and yes, PIN's are specific to devices. but there is software available to rewrite IMEI's and PIN's to a device using a IMEI/PIN generator. but its highly illegal, however possible.
    06-14-09 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD