Right now I have had the Verizon Curve 8330 for about 7 months and I'm starting to get bored a bit. My wife has an iPhone with AT&T so I'm thinking of coming over to them with the Bold. Are there any others that have had the Verizon Curve and bolted for the AT&T Bold? It seems in my area that Verizon gets better cell service but I hardly ever use my cell part of the phone. I use the internet all the time so I'm really liking the WiFi part of the deal. Any advice? Convince me to go to the Bold!
    06-22-09 09:19 AM
    Friend, this question comes up EVERY week, I think its best you search the reasons to buy the phone yourself. What one person on here may like about the Bold, may not agree with what another does.

GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more... - they do a great job of breaking down phones and you can compare specs and what not. That's a better place for "advice" for the question you're asking.
    06-22-09 09:29 AM
    I know it's a broad question and probably a tired one but I was just trying for a little personal experience from people in the same situation rather than a site that reviews and compares numbers. But thanks for the link. I'll be sure to check that out in my journey for knowledge. It looks like to me the Bold kills the Curve in almost every way that's important to me.
    06-22-09 09:48 AM
    Broad? yes, Tired? Absolutely - but i can appreciate why you'd ask it...

Again, the only reason I'd say find your own reasons is because of the type of use.

Me personally, I love my Bold coz its my first BB...I have nothing to truly compare it to. Mind you, I work with various BB's (curve, storm, 8900, 8830, and the 8700 series ones too) - the BOLD incorporates what's great about all the other units (beside the Touch screen obviously) and does it so fluidly. The screen is a monster in terms of resolution, the compatibility list for the Bold seems to be almost as extensive as the curve gps which has been around longer. And lastly, the rarity of the phone right now, makes me so Happy...I like that fewer "kids" have the phone.
    06-22-09 10:46 AM
    Thanks for humoring me. I know what you mean about "the kids" having the phone. My brother who hates technology actually got the Curve recently so I figured maybe it's time to up my game, if you will. I am also so tired of Verizon blocking down the GPS with so many great apps that you can use GPS, i.e. Poynt, ubertwitter, etc. It also seems that there won't be any OS upgrades with the Curve in the future (5.0) and new themes seem to be dying out. When I got my Curve 7 months ago, I never thought I would be in the position to want something faster and better but here I am.

I actually almost got the Storm last week but backed off when I saw I could not qualify for an upgrade price. I think I just got enamored with the much larger screen of the Storm but I think the Bold would satisfy any screen envy that I have with the Curve. It really does look beautiful.

Two more hours until lunch when I can run to the store. Must research more.
    06-22-09 10:54 AM
    Personally its the best phone or should I say device I've ever owned. Perfect size, not touch screen, great for internet browsing, keyboard has to be the best out there, connectivity, audio qualit for calls and loudspeaker is amazing, the list goes on. I love my Bold lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 10:54 AM
    I would never convince anyone to get a Bold. Do your research and find out if a Bold is something you'd like to have. I think the iPhone is a way better overall device but I need BB messenger and the ease of a full keyboard to respond to emails. In my opinion the Bold has the greatest smartphone keyboard ever manufactured.
    06-22-09 10:59 AM
    Friend, this question comes up EVERY week, I think its best you search the reasons to buy the phone yourself. What one person on here may like about the Bold, may not agree with what another does.

GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more... - they do a great job of breaking down phones and you can compare specs and what not. That's a better place for "advice" for the question you're asking.
    Yes do a search...there will be many results on this forum.

But since u asked...bold is amazing. I still say the number one reason I love it over the curve 8900 is that typing on the bold is much better.

06-22-09 11:37 AM
    I went into the store, told the ATT people I needed no help and was just looking, then proceeded to spend a good 30 minutes playing with each phone in the manner I would use it for on a regular basis. Yes, the iPhone is cool, but for my purposes I am better served with the Bold and an iTouch.
    06-22-09 11:55 AM
    The Iphone doesn't have Bluetooth. booooo! Thumbs down.
    06-22-09 12:40 PM
    Get the phone or don't, that's your decision. One thing I would point out is that you and your wife can share minutes a unlimited texting plans if you were both on AT&T. Data plans would still be separate.
    06-22-09 12:42 PM
    Get the phone or don't, that's your decision.
    I was just waiting for you to post in this thread.
    06-22-09 12:46 PM
    I was just waiting for you to post in this thread.
    LOL!

I know I have stated this in the past in a much harsher way, but the kinder, gentler me just wanted to point out that there are other benefits from switching.
    06-22-09 12:50 PM
    The Iphone doesn't have Bluetooth. booooo! Thumbs down.
    The iPhone has Bluetooh functionality.

LOL!

I know I have stated this in the past in a much harsher way, but the kinder, gentler me just wanted to point out that there are other benefits from switching.
    Yes, I'm also being much more nice now.
    06-22-09 12:51 PM
    Right now I have had the Verizon Curve 8330 for about 7 months and I'm starting to get bored a bit. My wife has an iPhone with AT&T so I'm thinking of coming over to them with the Bold. Are there any others that have had the Verizon Curve and bolted for the AT&T Bold? It seems in my area that Verizon gets better cell service but I hardly ever use my cell part of the phone. I use the internet all the time so I'm really liking the WiFi part of the deal. Any advice? Convince me to go to the Bold!
    The reason why you posted this is clear. Go get a bold now.

06-22-09 03:00 PM
    Went to the AT&T shop and played around with the Bold and started to get the heart racing but I just couldn't pull the trigger. $140 to cancel Verizon contract and the Bold was $299.00 with a $100 AT&T card rebate. I can afford it but I really could not justify the cost. I was hoping there were better prices on the Bold for a new contract but it is what it is. When I called Verizon to get my termination fee quote, they REALLY did try to really keep me by offering the Storm for $149 with a re-up on two more years even though I was a long way away from 2 year pricing. The Storm just makes me jumpy though. Guess I'll stick it out with the Curve for awhile yet. Thanks for those that offered helpful advice.
    06-22-09 03:19 PM
    Bolds for new contract are 179 (WITHOUT a Mail in rebate) @ RadioShack. Go get one!!
    06-22-09 04:08 PM
    Now that is tempting.

A quick check of Amazon. Amazon.com: BlackBerry Bold 9000 Phone, Black (AT&T): Cell Phones & Service Anyone ever purchase from Amazon? That price seems too good to be true.
    06-22-09 04:19 PM
    Now that is tempting.

A quick check of Amazon. Amazon.com: BlackBerry Bold 9000 Phone, Black (AT&T): Cell Phones & Service Anyone ever purchase from Amazon? That price seems too good to be true.
    Thats an awesome deal. I have heard good things about amazon for cell phone deals and know some people who had good expierences.
    06-22-09 04:49 PM
    I paid full price for my Bold the day it was released in Canada - I guess that's $399 - plus had to pay Bell some ridiculous amount to get out of that contract to switch to Rogers. It was worth it.
    06-22-09 04:53 PM
    Bolds for new contract are 179 (WITHOUT a Mail in rebate) @ RadioShack. Go get one!!
    Is this offer available in stores? I only seem to find this online with delivery. There is a Radio Shack just down the road so maybe I'll take a trip at lunch again today.
    06-23-09 08:30 AM
    here's some background before i get into replying to your post. i'm a phone geek through and through. i usually changed phones every 3-6 mo's. even phones from abroad i'd seek- back when the motorola a1000 (or was it the a1200?) wasn't availible here, i stilll went out and got one- paid an arm and a leg!. this was the case up until i got the apple 2g iphone. I used that for over a year and a half- even when the 3g came out, i kept my 2g. it did everything i wanted well/quickly.

about 2 weeks ago, some friends kept telling me to switch to bb, just to get bbm and chat with them during the day. i went into the store without much research (i'm currently located in hong kong) and the deal was 1k mins/ultd data/free bold for around 50usd a mo (2yr contract). sold-AH!

the iphone just did everything quickly/well...no need to go into multiple menus to do something- just hit home button and hit new program. very easy to navigate. It also has the best email viewing and internet viewing bar-none. 'it just works'! also- the music player is great, afterall, it is an ipod.

i've had the bb for 2 weeks- the os doesn't seem as stable, it has a million options most of which i won't use, the battery is on par with the iphone. but- i find myself actually wanting to write emails! i'm always connected through bbm/msn/gchat etc...and obviously the fbook client is always updating. take away the connectivity of these, and i'd probably want to go back to the iphone, but since it has all of these, and i'm always on the move, it's good for me to keep in touch with friends (esp. since i have friends both here and back home in the states)

so- that's my mini review- i'd say it's a toss up between the two- the bold has def. brought bb on the iphone's playing field- so much so that an iphone lover like myself has moved over to bb!
    06-24-09 01:30 AM
    I'm not here to sell anyone. Different devices all have their advantages and you don't need us to read you a spec sheet. If you're doing your homework when choosing a device, you're probably perfectly capable of reading about what each phone comes with and what it can and can't do.

What I will tell you though, is that I'm a huge tech geek and am constantly reading about new devices. I have always thought that there is no such thing as a perfect device, and they all have infuriating limitations that others don't seem to have. Well, I've owned my Bold for about 6 months now and I don't notice too many of those limitations. It multitasks like a mother and it's a truly fantastic PDA. It's not without it's drawbacks (128MB max to store all your apps AND run the OS?), but they're less of a problem for me than the drawbacks of other devices. This is the first phone that I truly love. Everything else is *almost* a great device. For me, the Bold really IS a great device.

And the Bold users at CrackBerry are some of the most savvy and helpful people on any device forum I've ever seen.
    06-24-09 03:27 AM
    its depends on your need ya i had the iphone i hate the contact search option so i decided to buy a blackberry.
    06-24-09 06:14 AM
    WalMart.com has the Bold for Free (no mail in rebate, just instant rebates) with a two year activation (with a plan more than $40.00/month). Plus a free 4GB card. Soooooooo tempting! How does that work when they ship phones like this? I assume you just have to put in some codes to activate it when you get it, right? I don't want it turned on before shipping and then be without a phone until I get it because of the transfer.
    Last edited by siuc1996; 06-24-09 at 02:06 PM.
    06-24-09 02:02 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD