Currently i just jumped into the blackberry world and got a curve 8900 with t-mobile. The problem I have is i think its too small for me as I'm more/less typing with my fingernails than my fingers. So no I'm looking at getting the bold and getting rid of my Iphone BUT, I've read the ONYX review and seems like I should wait and get the ONYX since its a slimmer bold. So can anyone convince me any reason why I should get the BOLD over the ONYX because I really love the BOLD's design.
    06-04-09 01:00 AM
    you said it yourself
    you love the bold
    therefore you should get it
    also i dont think you want to wait
    06-04-09 01:03 AM
    i find the bold keys are harder for people with bigger hands/fingers because they arent spaced apart like the 8900's keys are. thats just my opinion though. try handling a Bold and see how well you can type on it.
    06-04-09 01:14 AM
    Convince yourself. Make your own decision. It's better that way in the long run

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 01:14 AM
    i prefer the bold keyboard way more than the 8900, but thats just me. even RIM thinks the bold is the best keyboard they ever made excluding non-released devices.

no point in waiting for a device with no released date. when the onyx comes out, sell ur bold and upgrade.

maybe u should go to a store and try typing with the bold keyboard, see if it feels better. keyboard is sometimes a personal choice.
    06-04-09 01:16 AM
    Yes the curve keys are spaced out but they are smaller "button" wise to the bold as i have typed on my co-workers bold and the bold keys even though are not spaced out are more wider. And supposedly i heard that the ONYX was dropping in fall/septemberish plus would it be blackberry normal to type using my fingernail or is that a sign that my hands are too big?
    06-04-09 01:59 AM
    Maybe me looking at more blacked out/whited out bolds will help me decide lol.
    06-04-09 02:00 AM
    I believe its way easier to type on the 8900 (I have big hands) but I love my bold; its just a better phone; plus tmobile blows

06-04-09 04:25 PM
    I have relatively large hands. I've had 8900 and now Bold. Bold's keyboard feels more comfortable to me.
    06-04-09 06:46 PM
    Same here, I tried the 8900 before and now that I have the Bold I like the keyboard. To me it's the best Blackberry keyboard to date. I'm thinking of getting the Onyx too when it comes out.

06-04-09 07:23 PM
    one phrase sums it all up- never get bored with the bold.

it has solidified as prominent blackberry on the market today.

i will do some research before picking my next berry.
    06-04-09 07:29 PM
    Get the bold it's awesome. If you're with at&t, you will be able to use 3G too.
    06-04-09 08:00 PM
    so what if i use the bold with T-mobile
    has anyone heard of any issues

and will it be faster since it is 3G??

i have a 8320 and want either the curve8900 or bold.
    06-04-09 08:21 PM
    The bold is bad ***, i got it 2 weeks ago and i am totally digging it! in fact i need to put it away, havent went to bed on time in the past 2 weeks either LOL been downloading pictures, wallpapers, videos and music for the bold, i also dig how easy it is to email, browse the web and so on...its actually an awesome web browser, loads up quicker than my I-touch when both are on wifi.

a friend of mine has the I-phone and now wants to make the switch, not so muchfor videos/music, but more so for ease of use with emails and texting and making phone calls (hence a phone lol)

the I-phone is awesome if you are looking solely for music and movies..cant beat it on the I-phone, as i have been looking for movies with 480X320 res for the bold...but its so much easier with the I-phone.

The Bold is also fast with 3G and wifi...i couldnt believe what i was missing with 3G, especially with this bold, feels like DSL on my phone. just make sure you clear your cache daily and it will be blazing fast! best phone i have had to date at a great price.
    Last edited by jesse101; 06-04-09 at 09:52 PM.
    06-04-09 09:49 PM
    yes i have the iphone with at&t and have the 8900 with t-mobile using it as my 30 day trial to see if I like blackberries and so far soo good so i might jump for the bold after June 8th. I have to see what apple is going to do first before I jump. Plus i have to make sure i read about all the bad stuff with the bold first like memory leaks and what os i want to jump to and which backup battery i should buy you know the basics
    06-05-09 03:00 AM
    My Bold is better than my PC at work.

I have hands like shovels and i can type fast rarely making a mistake.

Onyx looks amazing...
    06-05-09 03:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD