Long time reader, first time poster . I'm trying to find the right conversion program to convert my dvds to play on my Bold without the video/audio sync problem. The ATT associate that I've been dealing with for the past couple of years suggested "Handbreak". I tried converting a movie to mpeg4 but I get no video, only sound. Any suggestions?
    08-23-09 01:41 AM
    I'm assuiming your on a mac since your using handbrake. You need to use the iphone/ipod touch preset since they are the same screen resolution. You'll be fine since that's what I use on my mac, I use a different app on my win 7 machine. Oh and Handbrake works on Snow Leopard (full retail version)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 01:46 AM
    Not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong as I have multiple videos that I have tried to convert and play on the Bold. I always get one of two problems.

Using iPod/iPhone settings (480x320) etc.;

1. Video lags behind the audio eventually crashing the phone (red light restart).
    2. Scrubbing back and forth in a video also results in a hard crash.

I have used Handbrake, iSquint, and various other conversion tools but the Bold seems rather picky. This is after using different MicroSD cards in various sizes and types as well as storing the video on the device memory.

It's getting rather frustrating.
    08-23-09 01:54 AM
    Actually there in a windows version for Handbreak, which I'm using.
    08-23-09 01:55 AM
    Actually there in a windows version for Handbreak, which I'm using.
    They're very similar except the Mac version doesn't bring up the console/command line whilst running. I've been using the Mac version for a long while now.
    08-23-09 02:04 AM
    I've always had good luck with 3gp converter. Its free to boot.

08-23-09 02:30 AM
    Good job I'm browsing the forum today. This thread just hit me an idea for other way enjoying my gym. Cheers guys

08-23-09 05:15 AM
    Yep, Handbrake for PC. Use the iPhone/iPod settings and add the 320 next to the 480, change nothing else. Works great.
    08-23-09 06:54 AM
    Actually in Audio tab you have to change Dolby Pro Logic II to Stereo. Also you need to set iPod legacy, make sure iPod 5G support is on, W/H 480X320. Save to desktop. Sometimes direct encoding to sd-card doesn't work.
    08-23-09 07:10 AM
    I've been converting videos for my daughters's ipod, my zune, and my blackberry pearl for over a year using Cucusoft's video suite. I use the iphone settings for her ipod and my pearl. It'll run you about $30, but there is a trial version to download that'll put a big watermark in your converted video. Give it a shot, converts any video file to any device.
    08-23-09 08:51 AM
    Mobiola Studio Pro is great program also. It has presets for hundreds of different phones including the Bold. You can also do custom setttings. It is a little pricey since to have the Pro edition you have to install the basic version first.
    08-23-09 10:14 AM
    Hello everyone, i am rather new to this all and have a bb bold 9000, i was wondering if there was anyway i can watch films or programmes or sitcoms on my phone (by storing them on there or via a memory card or something) as streaming on this phone is crap, i do like the bb though it looks very stylish.

Thanks
    08-23-09 10:36 AM
    I use Videora for Bold sometimes and Videora for Iphone, both are free and simple to use. Doesn't give a lot of customizing options but it works well enough.
    08-23-09 10:39 AM
    Mobiola will alllow you to save the movie as it is being converted to your memory card. Please make sure that you allow mass storage mode to use it and that you are selecting the memory card as the destination. I have a 16GB micro SD in my Bold that has 14 movies on it. Most movies average about 750 MB in size depending on the movie. I have one movie that is 1GB.
    08-23-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD