I've unlocked my phone and got a TMo sim, and everything works pretty decently, except inside my office I get 0 coverage at all, and would love to enable WiFi calling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'm swapping to the Q10 as soon as it releases anyways.

can I flash http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...56/index2.html ??
    Last edited by edgeonaboat; 04-08-13 at 07:07 PM.
    04-08-13 06:05 PM
    Virtually any OS for a particular device can be installed once you delete the vendor.xml file, etc. etc.

But, I'm not 100% sure if the wifi calling feature will work. Albeit, I don't see why not.
    04-08-13 08:39 PM
    I flashed that update I linked in OP, and I do notice I have some tmobile apps and such, but the phone still shows the AT&T logo when booting up and I don't think WiFi calling is enabled. It would seem that both of those things need to be changed at a deeper level we don't have access to.
    04-08-13 11:51 PM
    Any 9900 can load this official OS from TMO as long as the vendor.xml file(s) is deleted. But only TMO phones can have the wifi calling. Only TMO has this feature, not AT&T nor any of the other carriers.
    04-09-13 01:09 PM
    Any 9900 can load this official OS from TMO as long as the vendor.xml file(s) is deleted. But only TMO phones can have the wifi calling. Only TMO has this feature, not AT&T nor any of the other carriers.
    Hmmmm. Not that I disagree with you, and more to the point I don't know what hardware might be included in the TMo phone that the AT&T version doesn't have, but the TMo Wifi calling feature is provided by software, not UMA hardware.
    04-09-13 05:23 PM
    I flashed that update I linked in OP, and I do notice I have some tmobile apps and such, but the phone still shows the AT&T logo when booting up and I don't think WiFi calling is enabled. It would seem that both of those things need to be changed at a deeper level we don't have access to.
    The branding of the phone is actually fairly permanent, regardless of whether it's unlocked, or has the desired carrier's software. To unbrand a phone is a rather invasive process, with little to be gained except the ability to substitute the phone's brand graphics. Also of note, you may already know, is that AT&T runs HSPA+ on (if memory serves) its 1800MHz band, while T-Mobile uses 2100MHz. A phone "imported" from one carrier's network to another therefore can't do 3G or ertsatz 4G. I did read, though, that T-Mobile is in the process of moving their HSPA network to 1800MHz. What that will do, and when, I really can't say...nor what effect it's going to have on older phones built for 3G on 2100MHz, but the intent is to be able to roam on AT&T's network at 3/4G speeds...eventually.

It should also be noted that the Z10 (and, one may assume, the Q10) is a "pentaband" phone, capable of using any existing band regardless of what carrier the phone was built for. So roaming between any GSM carrier (AT&T|T-Mobile, or Rogers|Wind) should be a lot less painful.
    04-09-13 05:32 PM