Hello everyone,

After over a year as an Android phone user and tired of my battery dying by early afternoon, I am now the proud owner of a Blackberry Bold 9650. I've been using it for the past week and love it. The battery is fantastic and call quality is great. I am still learning the quirks but became an instant BB fan. It's great to have a site like this for valuable info.
    07-12-11 11:18 AM
    Welcome aboard! You'll definitely find lots of valuable info here, from former and current BB users alike. I'm sure the battery life must be a relief, when I was on Android that was by far my biggest pet peeve.

But anyhoo, have a look around and enjoy your stay!
    Cwoolis likes this.
    07-12-11 11:20 AM
    Hello everyone,

After over a year as an Android phone user and tired of my battery dying by early afternoon, I am now the proud owner of a Blackberry Bold 9650. I've been using it for the past week and love it. The battery is fantastic and call quality is great. I am still learning the quirks but became an instant BB fan. It's great to have a site like this for valuable info.
    Hey i'm about to be the same person as you! I'm running an android but I'm about to buy the 9650 this week (hopefully).
    07-12-11 01:15 PM
    Hey i'm about to be the same person as you! I'm running an android but I'm about to buy the 9650 this week (hopefully).
    why not wait for the 9930?
    07-12-11 01:36 PM
    why not wait for the 9930?
    +1, I wouldn't recommend the 9650 at this stage of the game.
    07-12-11 01:40 PM
    I would. But I don't get the full upgrade until march. I'm buying a used but in perfect condition 9650. Then hopefully in march, a QNX phone will be out. I just can't stand my android battery life at the moment. the 9650 will last me til March I believe. Any suggestions on my plan are welcome
    07-12-11 01:42 PM
    You won't regret it. My contract was not up but I could not stand the Android so I bought a BB off of Ebay.
    07-12-11 01:43 PM
    I would. But I don't get the full upgrade until march. I'm buying a used but in perfect condition 9650. Then hopefully in march, a QNX phone will be out. I just can't stand my android battery life at the moment. the 9650 will last me til March I believe. Any suggestions on my plan are welcome
    I guess if you're stuck and can't upgrade, then you're best bet is 9650.
    07-12-11 01:47 PM
    We literally are the same person. I was going to buy off ebay but decided to go with craigslist. It'd be really funny if we had the same android phone. which one did you have?
    07-12-11 01:51 PM
    We literally are the same person. I was going to buy off ebay but decided to go with craigslist. It'd be really funny if we had the same android phone. which one did you have?
    Ha, I had the Droid Eris. Could not stand the lag and many missed calls. Who needs a fart app anyway.
    07-12-11 02:10 PM
    Btw, did you use an app killer on your android? I did in an effort to save battery. I was wondering is there such a thing that is needed on Blackberry?
    07-12-11 02:27 PM
    Yes I had an app killer and it was a pain in the [email protected]@. I don't think you need one for the BB.
    07-12-11 03:03 PM
    Welcome to the CrackBerry forums! Used woukd definitely be a good option rather than wait until much later with a device you hate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-11 03:19 PM
    Just as an aside, app killers are not needed on Android. Due to the way they work, they cause more instability than they fix. That is what probably caused OP's lag.

The ERIS did leave a lot to be desired, too.

Having said that, this is a great site that will definitely be of value to you. Kudos to you for going against the popularity grain and picking a device that works for you.
    07-12-11 03:35 PM
    Hello everyone,

Welcome to the BB world!!! I too was a BB user and went to the Android earlier this year. Got the Nexus S from Sprint and while the phone and hardware is very nice, I found myself tethered to a power source all the time. So after ditching my 9650 I went out and bought another and am enjoying life once again.
    07-13-11 07:54 AM
    I have/use and enjoy A thunderbolt/ip4 and my beloved 9650.
    yes i know.. But sometimes i like to swap things up..

But welcome, the people here are great and there is probably nothing you can think of they cant help you with..
    07-13-11 01:59 PM
    I have the 9650 but I left it for the droid incredible for a little while and boy that was the worse mistake of my life !my Dinc was a grat mini computer but was a crappy phone. Always dropped calls. Very poor reception. Lived by the charger. And lastly I had to stay inside if I wanted to use it because there was no way I could see the screen outside. Too many drawbacks to keep the droid. Glad to be back on the bb 9650 bandwagon.

07-13-11 02:08 PM
    Same here, was the owner of a lg ally previously and couldn't help but miss my blackberry experience, now I am proudly typin this response from my 9650... BB all the way

07-13-11 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD