Hey!

I just got a 9900 which I'm really happy with so far. But one really annoying thing is bugging me and I'm not sure what to do.

I send a lot of BBM messages so I like to have a convenience key set for just that. So I set in the options for that button to open BBM, but it doesn't work! The button doesn't actually open any application.

I completed the hardware test which shows a result when I am pressing the button. And during a call this button does show a function which works. However, I am just unable to program this to open up BBM.

I have reinstalled the device software, but that hasn't resolved the problem. What can I do to fix this? I don't think the problem is hardware related as the button works in a call and does register a touch when used in the diagnostics. I'd really appreciate any ideas for this.

Thank you.
    04-03-13 03:32 PM
    Any ideas from anyone?!
    04-04-13 03:58 PM
    Mine has never worked. Other than that feature the phone has been absolutely reliable so I have just resigned to not having the extra button. I'm sure that is not what you wanted to hear but apparently the new Z and Q models no longer have the button so perhaps we should just get used to the idea.
    04-04-13 09:40 PM
    Mine works, i dont know why yours doesn't

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-05-13 12:04 AM