Is there a way I can control my Bold 9780 from my laptop? I am sat next to it all day and it would just be cool to be able to respond to texts and stuff without picking it up. I tried searching for a VNC server and found nothing

As a Linux user, it has to be an open system really, I saw a program just for texts, but there is only a windows client.
    08-25-11 04:59 AM
    Hey,

There's an app originally written for Playbook which is called Phone Remote, we have just submitted a version of this app which allows you to use the app on your laptop or pc rather than on your playbook. Look out for it in the next few days - Desktop Phone Remote. It does exactly what you want (and more!!).

Regards

Phone Remote Developer
    08-25-11 05:49 AM
    Hey,

There's an app originally written for Playbook which is called Phone Remote, we have just submitted a version of this app which allows you to use the app on your laptop or pc rather than on your playbook. Look out for it in the next few days - Desktop Phone Remote. It does exactly what you want (and more!!).

Regards

Phone Remote Developer
    How is the pricing?

I'd check myself but i don't have the playbook yet.
    08-25-11 06:31 AM
    PC Keypad, thou you don't see the screen on the PC. You can control everything using the keybord.
    08-25-11 07:27 AM
    I used to do this all the time with my Sony Ericsson phones... and my old Motorolas... 2011 and it's not offered out of the box by BB...
    08-25-11 09:15 AM
    Buy Desktop Phone Remote - Download Desktop Phone Remote - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

works on local wifi network or even over the internet (if you leave your phone at home) you can access it.
    09-06-11 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD