Hello all,
    This seems to be a popular question so apologies if it's not too challenging!

I have a 9780 with around 800 contacts on it. I'm trying to sync these to Outlook 2013 but only 100 or are in there after.
    I think these have came from my MSN/HOTMAIL account and not the Blackberry.

It's an ex-BES handset, could it be that all the contacts i've entered whilst with the company are unobtainable/blocked?
    My old business Calendar invites are in Outlook to make matters worse. Why would i still want recurring meeting invites for a company i no longer work for but not be able to access any of the contacts i made while i was there!

Appreciate any advice.
    Happy to go through the basics again to count them out so fire away.
    Thanks
    Last edited by smitht3; 04-23-13 at 02:30 PM.
    04-23-13 01:43 PM
    Not sure about Outlook 2013. Probably need to make sure the Blackberry software on the PC is 100% up to date.

When I have had sync issues with Outlook 2007 or 2010 I start by making a new, empty, clean profile in Outlook. (No email account - or duff data in those fields).

I then selectively work through the Blackberry Desktop Software to sync from Phone to Outlook which taking careful note of all settings in the Blackberry Desktop Software. Usually this gets around problems.

Once everything is copied OUT of the phone, I then use Outlook to merge these two profiles together. Carefully copying the data I want from the Sync'd account to my main Outlook account.

At this point I'd probably wipe the phones Calendar as it sounds like yours is full of old company crud.

Then, again playing with settings in the Desktop Software, I do a manual sync of the calendar from Outlook to Phone. Followed by Contacts - Outlook to Phone.

Once I am happy with everything, I then start putting the Desktop Software back to two way syncs. Again watching carefully at accuracy.
    smitht3 likes this.
    04-23-13 02:24 PM
    UPDATE:
    If i change my BB Desktop Software settings to sync with Windows Contacts it works perfectly. They are all in there ready and waiting.
    Problem is I still can't get Outlook to sync these contacts. How can Microsoft Outlook not sync with Microsoft Windows Contacts. No wonder people give up and move to Apple!

Where should i start to create this new Outlook profile to sync to?

This link was useful but also failed. Error messages when trying to Import the CSV file into Outlook.
    http://www.msoutlook.info/question/382
    04-23-13 03:33 PM
    ANOTHER UPDATE - all sorted i hope
    I Imported the CSV file into Hotmail (via web interface) which worked.
    This then synced automatically with Outlook 2013 (setup with the same email).
    Now i can hopefully plug in my iPhone and it will update with Outlook info via iTunes.

all very lengthy, frustrating and complicated!
    04-23-13 03:55 PM
    Sorry I was offline last night.

You lost me at the last step there. iPhone?

The bit I missed in my instructions was the "How to create a new Outlook Profile". For anyone else reading, this could have been in the Windows Control Panel. You can find "MAIL" in there. And a control panel to make a second Outlook Profile. This means when you start Outlook you are asked which of two profiles to use.

I am glad you found a way round things though. (Even if that site looks a little odd). Format conversion should be easier, but often the lack of agreed standards gets in the way. Though my job I have learnt all kinds of tricks for when they are needed.

Glad it is all sorted for you now.
    04-24-13 03:42 AM
    I am having a similar problem; I cannot sync my BB 9780 to Outlook. When I get to the "Configure Contacts" screen, the contacts account says "Microsoft Outlook" but when I click on ": Configure" the field is blank. I don't see my Outlook Profile listed.
    Running on Windows 8.1 64 bit. Outlook 2010. BB desktop software ver. 7.1.0.41. The handheld has ver. 6.0 bundle 2921
    And I also created a new Outlook Profile, but it asked me for my email address, etc. and I filled it in.
    11-13-13 01:42 PM
    I sync to Outlook 2010 on Win7 64-bit so it is not Outlook doing it.

Do you have the latest Blackberry desktop Software? Try updating that.

What is the anti-virus on that Win 8 PC - turn it off and see if we get anywhere.
    11-13-13 02:09 PM
    I have the latest BB desktop software. Version 7.1.0.41.
    My anti-virus is Windows defender. I just tried again with it off, but no difference.
    11-13-13 02:30 PM
    I uninstalled BB desktop software, then reinstalled it.
    I connected to my BB, and now I can configure the sync.
    However, when I try to sync, I get the following error:
    Synchronization error
    ERROR: COLTransBase::MoveFirstSummaryRecord: Unable to move to first or next row
    11-13-13 02:47 PM
    Just tried using a 2-way sync (previously tried 1-way) and it worked with my contacts. Whew!!!
    11-13-13 03:03 PM
    I am having a similar problem; I cannot sync my BB 9780 to Outlook. When I get to the "Configure Contacts" screen, the contacts account says "Microsoft Outlook" but when I click on ": Configure" the field is blank. I don't see my Outlook Profile listed.
    Running on Windows 8.1 64 bit. Outlook 2010. BB desktop software ver. 7.1.0.41. The handheld has ver. 6.0 bundle 2921
    And I also created a new Outlook Profile, but it asked me for my email address, etc. and I filled it in.
    Did you install office via Click2Run or with an ISO/DVD? I had a lot of customers that have problems synchronizing with C2R-Outlook...
    11-13-13 03:06 PM
    I have always tried 1 way to the PC since my phone is where I do all my new entries. It never works. If I do 2 way sync, do I end up with doubles or possibly lose anything off the phone? I would ask the same question for Calendar.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 03:07 PM