Ok so please be patient with me on this one. My Dad is over from the UK and he just got a bold from O2. When we try to enter in new contacts we put the info in and hit save and then it goes back to the main contacts screen and shows no contacts available. What is weird is that when I go to options and start looking around I get a screen that says there are 10+ entries in the address book. But none of them show up. I was thinking maybe I have to change the address book that it is looking at but it just shows a default address book and wont let me change it. I have also tried changing from business to personal lists and vice versa with the same results. Nothing.

Im sure this is a stupid simple issue but for the life of me I cant figure it out.

Thanks
    01-26-09 07:19 AM
    go to contacts, hit the BB button and choose filter and make sure that neither of the boxes are ticked and see if that works. I see that you swapped from biz to personal, but try making sure neither is selected.
    01-26-09 07:22 AM
    Brilliant! That totally worked!

Knew it was something simple so thank you so much!
    01-26-09 08:38 AM
    Ive unchecked both personal and business, even then my contacts arent showing. however, i am able to use speed dial and when i make call using speed dial, both the name and number of the person im calling comes on the screen. however, when i open the call log, i can just see the phone number and not the name of the person on my speed dial. i can also make calls to people on my BBM(whose number i had saved by adding their pin in the BBM Pin section). however even my whatsapp contacts have no name. what do i do?
    09-10-13 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD