Hey Guys

I used to have this function on other phones but not sure if the Bold can do this.

Is there any way of setting a default number and default email address for a contact?

For example if I had a contact called:

John Smith
    Home: 012345678
    Work: 012348585
    Mobile: 01929283899

Email: JS@smith.com
    Email: John.Smith@hotmail.com

If I want to send an SMS to him I'd like to type him name and for him Mobile number to automatically be highlighted rather than scrolling to select that out of the three numbers each time, I'd also like to be able to set a default email so that's the one highlighted each time, is this possible?

For some reason some of my contacts do have the mobile numbers highlighted when I type their name into an SMS but it's not very consistent and doesn't always work.

Thanks

If not then I hope RIM take note and allow for you to choose a default!

Oh and the ability to perhaps rename contact fields like Work2 or Home2 to something a bit more meaningful would be great!
    08-23-09 09:18 AM
    The BlackBerry remembers the last address used for a function. So once you have sent an SMS to a contact, it will default to that address until you choose a different one. It's not possible to rename the contact fields.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 09:22 AM
    Thanks Jeff, yeah I've noticed that the address on some contacts reverts to the last one used it's just a pain if I wanna call a contact at home then send them an SMS and it reverts to their home number, not likely going to need to send an SMS to a home landline number.

Being able to rename contact fields would be excellent! just to change something like Home2 to be a custom field like Parents so I know exactly which number I'm calling!
    08-23-09 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD