Hi,

When I first got my BB 9000 I arranged my contacts in my outlook and synced my cell with them.
    Now, when I get any call- I just see the number appearing without the name at all. I tried to look for options and I did search the subject but the only thing I can think of is the possibility of double naming in my list [when you have two similar names and/or numbers in your list, only the number shows] - but that is not the case because i double checked and double checked again!

I'm frustrated because i can never tell who is calling (i'm bad with memorizing numbers) and i have to go through the list manually to know who called or who is calling!!

My second issue: when i pick up the call at first ring the person on the other end can hear me saying "hello" but i cannot hear them back. I have to let the phone ring at least three times before i pick up or else i won't hear the person on the other end. This is REALLY weird. Any thoughts?

Please help. Cheers...
    08-21-09 10:05 AM
    Hi,

When I first got my BB 9000 I arranged my contacts in my outlook and synced my cell with them.
    Now, when I get any call- I just see the number appearing without the name at all. I tried to look for options and I did search the subject but the only thing I can think of is the possibility of double naming in my list [when you have two similar names and/or numbers in your list, only the number shows] - but that is not the case because i double checked and double checked again!

I'm frustrated because i can never tell who is calling (i'm bad with memorizing numbers) and i have to go through the list manually to know who called or who is calling!!

My second issue: when i pick up the call at first ring the person on the other end can hear me saying "hello" but i cannot hear them back. I have to let the phone ring at least three times before i pick up or else i won't hear the person on the other end. This is REALLY weird. Any thoughts?

Please help. Cheers...
    You probably have a password on your phone and you selected the option to lock your address book.

Go to Options>Security Options>General Settings>Include Contacts

Select this option as NO.

If it is YES, then all you see is the phone number when your device is locked.

Hope that works for you.

As far as the phone hanging, sounds like a network problem to me.
    08-21-09 10:30 AM
    Thank you- It worked. You have no idea how annoying this was to me and now you made my life so much better

I'll contact my line provider for the hanging issue- I think you are right...

I really appreciate your help. Cheers
    08-21-09 12:48 PM
    Good to know
    08-21-09 01:04 PM
    Your suggestion helped solve the problem for me as well...thanks!
    08-21-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD