I recently got thoroughly disgusted with the Motorola Droid that had been foisted on me, and made the move back to a BB Bold. What a difference.

The only problems I have are getting my contact list migrated from the Droid to the Bold. Even the Verizon store was unable to get it to happen. I am dreading hand copying 250 or so contacts, one... by... one... by... one.

Secondly, in trying to set up an email account from my personal site, (a POP3 setup) in the bold, it wants to make it an IMAP account. I can't see a selection menu for that.

Any of you wizards have a bright idea on fixing this stuff?
    07-19-11 04:43 PM
    Verizon's backup assistant doesn't work? It moved contacts to/from a dumbphone from/to my Berry when I was in a bind earlier this year.
    07-19-11 04:46 PM
    Hi Pcgizmo; no, we thrashed away at it with the Verizon store manager and myself for about 45 minutes today, with no luck at all.
    07-19-11 04:49 PM
    +1 to PCGizmo on using Backup Assistant (only thing it's good for is switching contact list between different platforms). As far as setting up the email account, with OS 6 all you have to do is enter the email address and password; Batta Bing, Batta Boom - your BB does the rest.
    07-19-11 04:51 PM
    What about sync'ing the Droid with Google, and then getting the Google Sync app for BlackBerry and pulling them down that way?

m.google.com/sync from your Bold
    damule6666 and dpdave like this.
    07-19-11 04:52 PM
    Pcgizmo;

In a word, You da man...

Googlesync sorted everything out in a few minutes. 282 contacts... did not want to transfer those the hard way.

Seems they need a bit of clean-up, getting the formats done, but hours of work avoided! Result!

Regards;
    07-19-11 06:13 PM
    Pcgizmo;

In a word, You da man...

Googlesync sorted everything out in a few minutes. 282 contacts... did not want to transfer those the hard way.

Seems they need a bit of clean-up, getting the formats done, but hours of work avoided! Result!

Regards;

Glad you got it worked out, dave!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-19-11 07:43 PM
    I'm sure someone will post that BIS will sync Google contacts, I was aware of that. However, I had severe duplication using BIS, and GSync has worked without a single issue (not that my results are necessarily indicative of anyone else's). The desired results were achieved in the end.
    07-20-11 09:06 AM
    I cannot speak to BIS, but I can attest to the ease and convenience of GSync. It was simple to download, and once installed, shot everything over in a matter of seconds.

the only issue, which was fairly minor was what appeared to be a formatting conflict. A few minutes of looking thruogh and editing was a lot nicer than transcribing almost 300 contacts.

Incidentally, the only ones that got confused were the ones with multiple contact numbers for the same person. It was a simple case of figuring out which one was right, and dumping the rest.

Simples!

Regards;
    07-20-11 11:02 PM
    Backup Assistant worked fine for me when I had to use it. I also sync'ed my BBM contacts with my gmail account. This way, if i ever had to get a new pin, instead of readding them all, the sync would automatically replace it for me
    07-21-11 08:59 AM
    Backup Assistant worked fine for me when I had to use it. I also sync'ed my BBM contacts with my gmail account. This way, if i ever had to get a new pin, instead of readding them all, the sync would automatically replace it for me
    BBM contacts can be restored from a DM backup, and backed up on the SD card too.
    07-21-11 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD