I am using 9780 with OS 6. I have few people on my BBM contacts. Now last 1 year i have a contact who is also using BB 9780. I used to delete the contact everyday and restore from backup and chat as and when required. Now that person has upgraded to 9900 with BBM 7 and when i delete that contact and add after few hours i get the contact listed but when i send massage it says the contact does not exist in your list .. resend invite or delete contact. I have to ask the other person also to restore and then we are able to chat..

Any solutions would be of great help.

Anand
    04-15-13 01:00 AM
    first off, stop deleting the person when you are finished chatting with them as that isn't necessary. also u can save their pin in a contact in your address book so that a restore isn't always necessary either.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    04-15-13 09:36 AM
    first off, stop deleting the person when you are finished chatting with them as that isn't necessary. also u can save their pin in a contact in your address book so that a restore isn't always necessary either.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    My thoughts exactly.. but i'm guessing you're deleting her cuz your gf/wife doesn't approve your friendship with this girl!!
    04-16-13 02:14 AM
    You got it right... :-)... Secondly I was doing like this for last one year and there was no issues... Why I need to restore is that... once I install my corporate mail it blocks sending invites or accepting invites for BBM.. invites at both the ends remains pending for authorization status even after accepting... So after doing the security wipe.. I send the invites to whosoever I want and then create a backup and then install corporate mail.. that way I can restore from backup and it works.. now the problem started since one of my contacts changes her device from 9780 to 9900 having OS 7...
    04-16-13 02:49 AM
    Does your BES policy allow BB Protect?
    04-16-13 06:11 AM