Okay, so I've spent many nights when I was up till 3am staring at it, and learning every little detail, and I've found things about the new OS that's in development, and how the Bold is amazing, and then I learned about the Onyx, but I don't think I could take torturing myself more in waiting. There are a few things though, that I couldn't find while scanning the pages and pages of Crackberry, and I'm probably just blind, but yeah...

1) OS 5.0- I know it's not released. I know there are leaks out. What I want to know is, will I be able to update my Bold's OS if I buy it now when OS 5.0 is officially released?

2) SMS(Related to OS 5.0)- I know there's a "threaded" SMS feel to the Bold, I looked at the device in AT&T and I know how it "threads" and I know it's not "True Threaded SMS" based on what the Treo and iPhone offer. While I've never used these, I have looked into a Blackberry for its messaging features, and True Threaded would be a nice touch. Leaks have been said to the theory that OS 5.0 will have Threaded SMS in a later Build of it, and from what I can get, its through BBM. Does this mean that you have the option of using BBM to manage SMS to get the "True Threaded" feeling like a Treo or an iPhone? or is the SMS feature threaded?

3) AT&T- I've heard Rumors to the extent that AT&T is the worst for Blackberrys. i have no idea why, everyone just says they are, so I'm wondering, truth to it? Is there any reasoning based on any one Network being better with a phone than another?

I know, these seem like AWFUL questions, that are PROBABLY all over this board, but I couldn't find them, so I thought I'd put them out there, maybe somebody else has the same questions and just doesnt want to ask them. Like the Title says, I am almost 99% sure I want to get a Bold, and I'm actually going to the store 2morrow, sometime before 5pm EST...when they close, so if anyone can get me any answer to any of these by then, I will love you forever! (To the extent that doesnt qualify as stalking ). If not, don't worry, I'm subject to when my parents actually want to TAKE me to the store, so there's 15% chance I'm actually getting it tomorrow, much to my personal dislike :/...anyway, thank you!
    08-16-09 02:02 AM
    1) Yes

2) There is no threaded SMS and no outlook for when there will be.

3) This is a matter of where you live and travel. For me (an AT&T
    customer for 10+ years) they have been stellar and quite
    honestly the best carrier for where I live, work and travel to.
    T-Mobile is a close second and VZW is the worst

As to your phone choice just make sure you live in an area with
    good 3g coverage.
    08-16-09 02:12 AM
    Yeah, I get 3G now with Helio(Which is on Sprint...which apparently sucks service-wise) and my sister has the only AT&T line in our house and she gets 3G here and where I work, which is where family lives, and at school, ill get it. I know i DEFINATELY get 3G wherever I'm gonna go, so that's not a big deal.

I understand your resentment of VZW. My parents had them about...3 times in the last 8 years, I dont know why they kept going back. First it was the service that sucked, then customer service, and finally they just told them to go to **** and left.

And in the last...10 minutes, I remembered one thing I left off. Blackberry's App World. Again, conflicting messages, is it compatible with the Bold?
    08-16-09 02:24 AM
    No, I don't resent VZW, it's just that they are the worst carrier
    here in central Connecticut.

Yes AppWorld is compatible with the Bold. With almost all BBs if
    I am not mistaken
    08-16-09 02:38 AM
    sweet, now im 100%. I'll get over not having True Threaded, I dont even have an attempted Threaded on my Ocean, so getting anything LIKE it is a step up. Everything else points toward me getting a Bold....now to get to the Store....Off on a magical adventure I go !!!
    08-16-09 02:40 AM
    Yes, it is threaded SMS... I think the previous users didn't understand the question.

Not sure why it's a big deal to you though. Do you forget what you said long enough for you to not understand new texts coming in?

At any rate, it clumps them together for you, just in case.

Now, the phone does not threat mms messages just yet, but then again, either does the iPhone. Think that's an Android only feature so far.
    08-16-09 02:43 AM
    Honestly, when I txt my friends, it takes half an hour to an hour to get a reply, I do tend to keep my mind busy. and When I'm texting at work, its literally like I'm working for Covert Ops, and I have to like, sneak my phone to txt, my boss is a nightmare on phones, so sometimes I dont get to a message right when i get it, and sometimes I do forget, so Threaded would be nice, but honestly, I could careless if its True Threaded, as long as I can see something...I cant WAIT till....9 hours from now :P
    08-16-09 02:46 AM
    Yes, it is threaded SMS... I think the previous users didn't understand the question.
    I understood the question perfectly and reiterate that there is no threaded
    SMS on the BlackBerry. AT ALL.

Conversations do not appear the way they do on a WinMo phone or as they
    do in BBM. THAT is threaded messaging.
    08-16-09 02:52 AM
    Now Now, I did not ask the question to start an arguement. To end this, I understand.

Now, amazinglygraceless, you are wrong in the sense that there's not threaded. What the Blackberry does, from what I saw when I played with it for an hour in the store, is, infact, threaded to an extent...but it's not True Threaded like on WinMo/Treos/iPhone. Threaded just means you can see the previous messages, True Threaded is what has become known as IM-type SMS setup. Honestly, this is going to be implemented soon enough. RIM doesnt, and they'll start to lose their rep for Blackberries being known for their messaging.
    08-16-09 02:56 AM
    Correct Remedy0, but sort of threaded is not exactly threaded.
    Ask anyone who ever used a Treo how different they are and
    they will tell you they are worlds apart.

No argument, I just don't like being told what I do or
    do not understand.
    08-16-09 03:07 AM
    *shrug* not sure what the matter with the threading is; my Bold will thread a single conversation, but it'll break off a thread when I, instead of clicking reply, tell it to "compose new SMS" instead. That seems to be what breaks off a thread.

But hey, if you forget what you said, and the threading doesn't work (never let me down so far!), it's got a sent items box. Frankly, If you're coming from a phone that made no attempt at threading, it's fine
    08-16-09 06:06 AM
    Have had Bold for 6 months and would still choose it now, even with newer options around. Best phone I have ever had by a long way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 06:39 AM
    sweet, now im 100%. I'll get over not having True Threaded, I dont even have an attempted Threaded on my Ocean, so getting anything LIKE it is a step up. Everything else points toward me getting a Bold....now to get to the Store....Off on a magical adventure I go !!!
    Remedy, I had the same choice last week. I have been researching on & off for a couple of months. I tried both in person. The 8900 is a nice machine & I really LOVE the camera & memory, but the BOLD really seemed to me to be SNAPPIER & quicker to do anything.

Like many folks say, it really is a matter of taste.

Anyway I'm posting to let you know if you live in the USA, you can get a great deal at https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/6...com%2Fletstalk

I got mine there with an upgrade & 2-year continuation of my current plan for $0.99. Ninety-nine cents!!!

If you purchase with a brand new plan, it is FREE.

I stumbled upon the deal & haven't heard any negatives from the company.
    I had a good experience & spoke with 3 reps before I purchased & they were all very nice on the phone & made it very easy.

I started my purchase online, & finished it with a sales rep on the phone just to make sure everything went well & it did.

They send out NEW units & I got a free 4gb microSD card to offset the $18 activation fee from ATT that will come on my next bill.

I even spoke with ATT about the purchase beforehand to make sure everything was cool & they said everything was OK.

Anyway, good luck on your purchase, just wanted to give you a CHEAPER option.

Hope this helps,
    _dave_
    08-16-09 06:51 AM
    graceless - i love my bold and have only had it since the beginning of this month.

it doesn't take long when i was coming from a storm/vzw - i'm sorry to say. many around me tell me i "downgraded" by going to a device "without a touch-screen" and a "lower model number than 9500"...but my experience with my storm and (gorge rises) vzw, was awful.

good luck with whatever choice you make. i know the storm wasn't a consideration of yours from what i read, it's just another reason why i'm so happy with my bold.

peas
    08-16-09 06:58 AM
    The bold is a wonderful phone but yet again I have to suggest that you tough it out and wai for the onyx cuz ull prob just be kicking urself when it comes out.

08-16-09 07:25 AM
    I would not recomend letstalk.com for any phone purchase. Google "letstalk.com rebate scam" or "letstalk.com scam" to read thousands of horror stories.

08-16-09 01:42 PM
    No, I don't resent VZW, it's just that they are the worst carrier
    here in central Connecticut.

Yes AppWorld is compatible with the Bold. With almost all BBs if
    I am not mistaken
    ATT is also amazing in the Glastonbury/West Hartford area of CT. VZW is horrible around those areas and in Hartford.
    08-16-09 02:32 PM
    the bold is the best device for my use ... 50 emails per day and HEAVY BBM usage
    08-16-09 08:34 PM
    ATT is also amazing in the Glastonbury/West Hartford area of CT. VZW is horrible around those areas and in Hartford.
    ...and that was my whole point. It all comes down to which carrier provides the
    best and most consistent service for your area. Not knocking VZW. Lord knows
    if the provided better service than AT&T or any other carrier, that's who I'd
    be with.

BTW, waving from Bloomfiled/Granby
    08-16-09 09:11 PM
    I am throwing the other 1% at you!!!!
    08-16-09 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD