Tried this in the ATT section but got zero replies and doubt this is an isolated experience so thought I'd try it in the Bold section.
    Recently began getting better 3G reception inside my house and turned my network mode to 2G & 3G (I have an Rogers Bold) as opposed to always having it set to 2G. 9 out of 10 times when I try to place a call in the last few days I get the "Congestion" error message and the call doesn't go through. Thought this might be a software issue since I just upgraded to 266. Tried my wifes iPhone on 3G and the call will just fail each time.
    Called ATT CS tonight and was told some story about how they have been working to improve 3G service in my area (N Dallas). She said there are a ton of towers in my area but only a couple 3G towers. She said it should improve soon but to be patient. I asked for a credit and was issued $25 to my account.
    Has anyone else encountered this issue in the last few weeks? I wondered if this had something to do with moving to the 850mhz spectrum or upgrading the towers to the 7.2 Mbps HSDPA. Anyone?
    05-04-09 06:01 PM
    I had it happen today (in the metro-Detroit area) but i tried calling at the exact same time that a reminder came up. I figured that was the "Congestion". But maybe it is network related.
    05-04-09 09:57 PM
    The only time I've encountered congestion on a phone call was about a year ago or so when an earthquake hit here in So Cal. I tried making some calls and the lines were absolutely congested.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 01:34 AM
    Last time I got congestion was election night, but that was on Edge/2G. Once I forced it to 3G I was fine.
    05-05-09 01:42 AM
    Now that I think about it, when I experienced the congestion it was on EDGE since I had a Curve.

05-05-09 01:50 AM
    I had the "congestion" error last weekend.. I'm with O2-UK ....
    05-05-09 02:45 AM
    I've had this happen myself, don't know how or why you'd squeeze a credit for that lol

05-05-09 04:29 AM
    I've had this happen myself, don't know how or why you'd squeeze a credit for that lol

Because in order to place a call I have to manually switch my phone to 2G. Little bit of a pain. Oh and BTW it's still happeing. Haven't been able to place a call on 3G for 5 days...
    05-05-09 09:01 AM
    Because in order to place a call I have to manually switch my phone to 2G. Little bit of a pain. Oh and BTW it's still happeing. Haven't been able to place a call on 3G for 5 days...
    I had this happen once yesterday in Suffolk County, NY (Long Island).
    05-05-09 10:07 AM
    Look at the bright side at least you are able to fallback onto 2G to get you're calls out.
    05-05-09 12:02 PM
    I live in Orinda, CA and I have been getting the same error when making a phone call. ATT says they are not aware of any issues or even that error message. This is not good for our business.() The regular home line works fine.

Any body?
    10-21-09 02:54 PM
    I have this happen somewhat frequently when I'm in NYC. Very annoying. I'm switching to Verizon as soon as one more line on my family plan is out of contract.
    10-21-09 03:52 PM
    ive experienced this.. and i got Rogers to apply a $90 credit.. i wasnt able to use 3g for approx 3 months.. so i thought it was fair for them to give the credit.. they said the same **** about network issues.. i then reloaded my OS and I havent had any issues since. im using 4.6.0.266
    10-21-09 09:00 PM
    searched the net and this forum for the answer and ive tried everything possible that ive read to do. i duuno if this is in the right spot or not. ive been workin on this storm for 4days 6 to 10 hrs a day trying to get it to work. anyways to my problem. storm 9550 unlocked. im on the at&t network. i have the bb data plan. i have a bold as my att phone. ok ive did the net_bb_dameon browser move i loaded the service books in desktop manger. the att media stuff pushed to my storm for a sceond and then vanished. i can send and recive text and mms. i cant make calls tho. when i call that damn beep beep beep with the congestion error is on the screen. i went to the bis site and sent the service books to my storm and got my yahoo and att.blackberry.net email icons on the storm. please please please help me someone. i have tried every possible attempt at this. i feel like im hitting my head against a wall.
    12-20-09 09:55 PM
    searched the net and this forum for the answer and ive tried everything possible that ive read to do. i duuno if this is in the right spot or not. ive been workin on this storm for 4days 6 to 10 hrs a day trying to get it to work. anyways to my problem. storm 9550 unlocked. im on the at&t network. i have the bb data plan. i have a bold as my att phone. ok ive did the net_bb_dameon browser move i loaded the service books in desktop manger. the att media stuff pushed to my storm for a sceond and then vanished. i can send and recive text and mms. i cant make calls tho. when i call that damn beep beep beep with the congestion error is on the screen. i went to the bis site and sent the service books to my storm and got my yahoo and att.blackberry.net email icons on the storm. please please please help me someone. i have tried every possible attempt at this. i feel like im hitting my head against a wall.
    Check out this thread for help with using a Storm on AT&T. http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    12-20-09 11:16 PM
    I had this problem and solve it by reinstalling the same system operative, you have to be the last or you install the previous version which would be.713 connect BB to the pc and open your BB manager, the 1st make a back-up so you save all your information and then you go to device and update you get the versions you choose which you like and the rest is waitgood, I hope they have been helpful and solve the problem of congestion I resolve the mine, thank you.
    11-15-13 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD