Lately, when attempting to make the odd call, the call fails...and a pop up appears that says "Congestion". I've never seen anything like that before, and it only happens occassionally...what is that, and why is that?
    05-30-09 09:20 PM
    Maybe you have a lot of build up, messages, ets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 09:53 PM
    Maybe you have a lot of build up, messages, ets.

No, I do a pretty good job at keeping my stuff cleaned out, like the cache...

Maybe it's an issue with AT&T's wonderful 3G network.
    05-30-09 09:57 PM
    whats an odd call?

it means that cellular networks, even as advanced as they are, are still limited. they can only handle so much radio traffic before they wont let any other calls go through.
    05-30-09 10:06 PM
    When that happens I usually force it to 2G, seems to solve it.
    05-30-09 10:26 PM
    Network congestion. That happens to me once in a while. Every time it has happened to me, I redial immediately and things are fine. YMMV.
    05-31-09 01:16 AM
    I've gotten it on my Bold, but never on my iPhone.
    05-31-09 01:22 AM
    Network busy.
    05-31-09 01:34 AM
    network towers only have 8-12 channels depending on the area and population of the area, as far as i know. 2 channels for data. 1 for data and voice (if voice is needed it kicks the data for a short time). 1 for sms. so when those channels are full and the signal is to low btween your phone and the closest available tower, the call won't go through due to congestion.
    05-31-09 02:17 AM
    It's just a symptom of being on the network "with the least dropped calls". I guess you can't drop a call if it never initiates it to begin with.
    This and "call failed" happen to me often, as I am in a rural area.
    Thanks AT&T!
    05-31-09 08:52 AM
    I started a thread about this several weeks ago and barely got any responses. After weeks dealing with tech support, they finally admitted what I had been saying for weeks. I live in an upper middle class suburb of Dallas where EVERYONE has an iPhone. The tower that I connect to at home is completely bogged down and I can't make a call while on 3G. ATT has issued me 2 credits and said the issue will continue for "awhile".

05-31-09 09:02 AM
    Wow!! It will continue for a while? That's is sooo unacceptable for a service that you're paying for. 2 credits is not enough.

05-31-09 09:19 AM
    I think that letting you out of that contract is a fair alternative

05-31-09 09:20 AM
    I've gotten it on my Bold, but never on my iPhone.
    Another thing I get on the Bold is "call failed"
    05-31-09 09:27 AM
    once in a while i get Call failed and network congestions .
    05-31-09 09:49 AM
    When that happens I usually force it to 2G, seems to solve it.

As Xpimp stated you can force it to 2G (EDGE) IF your phone is unlocked. Although on ATT it's set up to auto switch, it takes some extrodinary circumstances. I can't post links yet, but just type in below to SEARCH and you will find all the info you need

How to: Disable 3G or 2G on AT&T Bolds without debranding
    05-31-09 08:07 PM
    05-31-09 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD