I downloaded a front flashlight app last week. Suddenly today the icon for that app appeared on my message notification area (voicemail, email etc) with a number "1" next to it. i wasn't even using the app. I can't seem to get rid of it. Anyone have any idea what this is?

Thanks
    07-13-11 08:34 PM
    can you please be a little more specific on which app?
    07-13-11 08:41 PM
    I downloaded a front flashlight app last week. Suddenly today the icon for that app appeared on my message notification area (voicemail, email etc) with a number "1" next to it. i wasn't even using the app. I can't seem to get rid of it. Anyone have any idea what this is?

Thanks
    Did you try a battery pull or delete and reinstall the app
    07-13-11 10:04 PM
    It might help if you said what app you are using. I'm not to sure, but maybe there is an update available with it. Have you tried going into the app itself and seeing if there is a message there or uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.
    07-14-11 09:14 AM
    It might help if you said what app you are using. I'm not to sure, but maybe there is an update available with it.
    That was my thought...you're probably just getting a text message that there is an update available for that app.
    07-14-11 12:25 PM
    I had the same issue. You should have a message inside you "all inboxes" messages list telling you that you can download another application for their company! Open it and you're done.
    07-15-11 07:32 AM
    That is correct. I had the same thing and I checked "All inboxes" and it was a notification about one of there products. Something to watch for though is batt life. I had this app installed and my batt life was terrible. I removed it and did a reboot and so far so good.
    07-15-11 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD