hi all
    newbie to this so be patient please. Had my BOLD a couple of weeks now and have to say best phone i've ever had. Started reading some of the threads and learnt a lot so thanks for that. I'm a bit confused about os and platform my BOLD says v.4.6.0.134 platform 4.0.0.139 yet i see threads that mention o.s 4.6.0.168 or 162 the thought of upgrading seems a bit scarey any advice. CHEERS
    11-07-08 12:39 PM
    This should help:

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

It really isn't that difficult but if you're not having any major problems with your OS (memory leaks, etc) then you could probably stick with the old one.

You can check and see what OS your carrier currently provides by going here:

BlackBerry from O2 - Help and support

Hopefully that helps!
    11-07-08 12:45 PM
    SmashFace is giving you good advice. One more point to consider is that you have a free 30-day return option on all BlackBerries, as long as you don't void your warranty. Installing an OS that's not supported by your carrier voids your warranty. That's not an unrecoverable error, because you can normally roll back to your official OS, but it's a hassle you don't need if something else happens to go wrong with your new device. Use those first 30 days to become more familiar with your device, and then an OS upgrade will be easier if you ever need to do one.
    11-07-08 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD