Quick question. I recently picked up a new Bold in Korea on the SK Telecom network and recently upgraded to .282 and now every time I want to text, there's an annoying message (after 35 character) that says:
    "this message will now be charged as concatnated sms"

From what I know, unlike the typical 160 character limit, Korea has a 80 word limit per SMS, but this 35 character limit business is really bugging me. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks.
    08-14-09 12:19 AM
    Probably do another .282 upgrade from another source? There are links here as well as blackberryos.com.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 06:13 AM
    Concatenated SMS can be a good thing if you need to type a text beyond the usual 160 character limit because it will (or should) show up as a single message on the receiver's phone, although the sender will be billed for two or more texts.

But in this situation, it appears your carrier is using it to wring more money out of you by imposing a 35 character limit on texts. This has nothing to do with the Bold, but rather is the fault of your carrier.
    08-14-09 06:35 AM
    Thanks squish101 and JasW. I just downgraded back to the previous firmware and it's fine now. I know that SK Telecom in Korea only allows 80 characters, and the Bold (when running .282) telling that it's only characters is a bit weird and very annoying. Anyway, fixed! Thanks.
    08-15-09 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD