I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes!

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700, and I recently decided I wanted to install a Hybrid OS on it. So I completely wiped the phone on BBSAK and I got the expected 507 error message. This all wouldn't be a problem, except that now nothing on my computer can see my phone! Neither the device software, BBSAK nor the app loader sees the phone(so I have been unable to do the usual method of recovering a nuked phone as the app loader connection field is blank). I don't know what to do and I'm desperate. Someone please help!
    09-07-13 05:31 AM
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes!

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700, and I recently decided I wanted to install a Hybrid OS on it. So I completely wiped the phone on BBSAK and I got the expected 507 error message. This all wouldn't be a problem, except that now nothing on my computer can see my phone! Neither the device software, BBSAK nor the app loader sees the phone(so I have been unable to do the usual method of recovering a nuked phone as the app loader connection field is blank). I don't know what to do and I'm desperate. Someone please help!
    I'm sorry you're having this issue. See if this works for you.

My computer doesn't find my BB Bold 9700. - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    09-07-13 05:42 AM
    I'm sorry you're having this issue. See if this works for you.

My computer doesn't find my BB Bold 9700. - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Thanks for the speedy response!
    That link lead me to this page. The phone does appear in the Windows Device Manager, but even after changing all the possible settings advised on the page I'm still having no luck having the phone detected by any of the software...
    09-07-13 06:13 AM
    Load an official release and try again

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    09-07-13 06:14 AM
    Do you mean by putting the old OS back onto it? Because I would gladly do that if I could access the phone at all.
    09-07-13 06:19 AM
    Yes, put official carrier release back on

09-07-13 06:50 AM
    OK so your computer sees your phone because Windows sees your phone. But what I'm unclear on is whether BlackBerry Device Manager sees it. Would you mind clarifying that?
    09-07-13 06:52 AM
    Also, uninstall/reinstall DTM
    Delete user settings when uninstalling

middbrew likes this.
    09-07-13 06:52 AM
    OK so your computer sees your phone because Windows sees your phone. But what I'm unclear on is whether BlackBerry Device Manager sees it. Would you mind clarifying that?

I can't see the phone via the normal Windows explorer, but if I go to Windows Device Manager via the control panel and go to the USB controller tab, is does state that a Blackberry device is connected. I'm thinking the probable reason why the Windows explorer doesn't show the blackberry is because the I wiped it it probably left the hard drive unformatted(I guessing, I'm not actually sure what BBSAK does when you clear the phone with it).

The Blackberry Device Manager and BBSAK don't see the phone at all though after the wipe.
    09-07-13 07:09 AM
    I can't see the phone via the normal Windows explorer, but if I go to Windows Device Manager via the control panel and go to the USB controller tab, is does state that a Blackberry device is connected. I'm thinking the probable reason why the Windows explorer doesn't show the blackberry is because the I wiped it it probably left the hard drive unformatted(I guessing, I'm not actually sure what BBSAK does when you clear the phone with it).

The Blackberry Device Manager and BBSAK don't see the phone at all though after the wipe.
    I've got a feeling your device driver is blown. I had this happen once and what I did was uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager. I then ran a Windows Update. Once that was finished I downloaded Desktop Manager from blackberry.com. Once that was finished my PC saw my device. I was then able to install the OS I wanted.

If your drivers are blown you can find them here.
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...93E4F3BB068C22
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 09-07-13 at 08:36 AM.
    middbrew and Mikry like this.
    09-07-13 08:26 AM
    As far as BBSAK goes sometimes all you need to do is restart your computer in order for it to see your phone. I've even had to do it several times.

If that doesn't work it could be because DM is leaving old registry files that are preventing it from doing so. You can download a free program called CCleaner and clean the up. It should work after that. CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
    Just use the free version.
    Mikry likes this.
    09-07-13 08:47 AM
    Try using a different USB cord and try switching ports also.
    Last edited by pkcable; 09-07-13 at 09:36 AM.
    09-07-13 09:04 AM
    As far as BBSAK goes sometimes all you need to do is restart your computer in order for it to see your phone. I've even had to do it several times.

If that doesn't work it could be because DM is leaving old registry files that are preventing it from doing so. You can download a free program called CCleaner and clean the up. It should work after that. CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
    Just use the free version.
    This was going to be my suggestion...
    09-07-13 09:12 AM
    After I took Middbrew's advise and used CCleaner I came right. Thanks guys!
    middbrew likes this.
    09-07-13 10:16 AM
    YAY middbrew!!!!!

Thanks man!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    middbrew likes this.
    09-07-13 10:31 AM
    After I took Middbrew's advise and used CCleaner I came right. Thanks guys!
    You're welcome, glad it's back up and working again.
    09-08-13 08:06 AM
    my computer cant see my blackberry bold 2 because there were some message on my phone
    11-20-13 07:13 AM
    11-20-13 07:16 AM