Hey there,

Looking for a some help, my 9700 is completely dead, the red light goes on when I pull the battery put it back in but goes off again, no blinking, just on and off, the screen stays completely black

after reading blackberry 101 "fixing a nuked" berry, I've tried about 10 times reloading the OS with app loader, i keep getting the "unable to connect to device... multistage some thing or other after the JVM is loaded,

so weird,

Any help would be much appreciated, I've tried loading the OS with the battery in and with the battery out, when i leave the battery out, the screen comes on and shows no battery installed, I read a post that says to install the battery after pushing finish but that still doesnt help,

please help me get this berry back on track,

Thanks for your time,

titan
    03-06-10 05:40 PM
    Are you using a desktop or laptop? There seems to be slot of folks having problems trying to recover a BB using a laptop. Its most likely a usb issue in any case. I don't know that it will solve your problem, but give this a read:

Multi Stage Loading Operation Problem

And these:

USB Problem

USB Connection Problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 06:04 PM
    Another possibility:

Installing the OS when the PC Won't Recognize the Device

03-06-10 06:06 PM
    This happened to my previous one.

I couldn't for the life of me get it back to life . So I ended up having my carrier send me a replacement.

Hope you find a fix for yours and tell us how you did it!
    03-06-10 06:25 PM
    Have you tried putting it and safe mode by doing a battery pull and holding the end call button until the red light goes off that should activate safe mode and it should right up.

03-06-10 07:16 PM
    my 9700 nuked itself with a JVM 523 error. i was only able to get it to recognize via USB by forcing it by using the command promt method. worked first try like a charm.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    03-06-10 08:18 PM
    just throwing this out there.... but your profile says your using a 8900 Curve... and you are posting in the 9700 Bold section... so are you trying to load a 9700 OS to your 8900? or are you really using a 9700 and have issues?

sorry just to make sure that its all
    03-07-10 06:57 AM
    just throwing this out there.... but your profile says your using a 8900 Curve... and you are posting in the 9700 Bold section... so are you trying to load a 9700 OS to your 8900? or are you really using a 9700 and have issues?

sorry just to make sure that its all
    I dont believe that is possible. when you load a os wether its from DM or loader.exe it checks device against what is loaded and loads the appropriate. I have 5 different OS's loaded on my pc at the same time and I have never had it try to load the wrong one.

To the OP what OS are you running on your desktop. If the OS is other than XP did you try running loader.exe as administrator using the "Run As" mode and did you check mark the "detect my communication port" option?
    Last edited by bkeaver; 03-07-10 at 08:50 AM.
    03-07-10 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD