alright so we all know things can change, and normally do - I found this info on site the link is at bottom of the page. I am hoping the onyx sports better specs than that. I have had the 8310, 9000, 8900, iphone 3GS if onyx comes under any of the specs of the bold and or gets some of the features removed. thats a deal breaker stay on Bold. Having said that - its probably safe to say that it promises to be great. My only fear is that the key board will suck or the trackpad will suck hoping not, but I think they are testing full versions of trackball and trackpad for onyx. Which is a good idea at lease I think so, key user feel features I think are important .. comfort in the hand, one handed typing, scrolling around feel in menu, pocket-ability , screen definition , video frames, on board ram and 3G service, OS has to be SOLID! no screw ups what so ever.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

Onboard memory
    1 GB - BOLD

8900 - no onboard memory ? according to the site
    Flash memory
    128 MB Flash
    256MB

Display
    Half VGA resolution 480 x 320 pixel color display BOLD
    High resolution 480x360 pixel color display 8900

Bold 3G, 8900 HSCSD still pretty quick - but 3G is faster

I found the track ball on 8900 to be a little more intuitive
    for some reason

Now for the ONYX

Built-in_Digital;Camera
    Main+Camera: 3.1 MP other places say 3.2
    Autofocus_(AF): Supported
    Built-in+Flash: mobile light (LED)

Expansion-Slots: microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash
    USB: USB 2.0 client, 480Mbit/s
    micro-USB
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.0
    Wireless_LAN: 802.11b, 802.11g

Cellular-Phone
    Cellular-Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850, UMTS1900, UMTS2100
    Cellular+Data:Links: CSD, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA
    Call-Alert: 32 -chord melody

Embedded;Operating-System: RIM BlackBerry OS 4.6
    Browse devices running this OS
    Microprocessor,;Chipset
    CPU: Marvell PXA930
    Browse devices based on this microprocessor
    Memory,-Storage-capacity
    RAM:capacity: 128 MiB
    ROM-capacity: 256 MiB
    Display
    Display:Type: color transmissive TFT , 65536 scales
    Display+Diagonal: 2.4 "
    Display+Resolution: 480 x 360
    tri-band UMTS/HSDPA - Band 1,2,5
    quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    Hot-Swappable microSD slot

RIM BlackBerry 9020 Onyx Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications
    Last edited by vx1; 07-21-09 at 05:29 PM. Reason: not correct
    07-21-09 05:07 PM
    That is extremely wishful thinking about it being released for september 2009.

Basically, it will be the camera, screen, memory of the Tour, will have 3G and WiFi, will use a newer processor around 624 mhz different than the Bold one, will have the optical trackpad of the Gemini.

As for form factor, it is smaller than the Tour but "marginally" bigger than the curve 8900.
    Last edited by Madness87; 07-26-09 at 12:53 AM.
    07-26-09 12:51 AM
    Nothing special to look forward to.
    07-26-09 05:31 AM
    All I want guaranteed with the Onyx (other than the other cool features we know about) is AMPLE application memory. I don't about onboard storage memory (that's what SD cards are for). My one gripe with the Bold is worrying about running out of memory for apps. This should NOT be a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 09:51 AM
    All I want guaranteed with the Onyx (other than the other cool features we know about) is AMPLE application memory. I don't about onboard storage memory (that's what SD cards are for). My one gripe with the Bold is worrying about running out of memory for apps. This should NOT be a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Is 256 MB good enough for you because that is 99% most likely how much the Onyx will have.
    07-26-09 05:57 PM
    That was a terrible comparison chart, you kinda left the Onyx out and added things there the other 2 phones had.

while the bold has 3g, that means nothing if you can't get 3g in your area. I wish the Onyx would have 3g and enhanced edge
    07-27-09 10:21 AM
    That was a terrible comparison chart, you kinda left the Onyx out and added things there the other 2 phones had.

while the bold has 3g, that means nothing if you can't get 3g in your area. I wish the Onyx would have 3g and enhanced edge
    the onyx does have 3G , enhanced edge is worthless with having 3G

the reason the onyx specs are sketch is because they are not finalized

but, hey I am sure that wont stop you from picking up one of these puppies !!!
    07-28-09 10:11 AM
    hi guys,

I yesterday met with a RIM employee who holds Onyx.... He gave me the opportunity to look and feel it..... SAWEETTTTT..

Im going to get that when it's out!!! very light I would say.
    07-28-09 10:33 AM
    hi guys,

I yesterday met with a RIM employee who holds Onyx.... He gave me the opportunity to look and feel it..... SAWEETTTTT..

When did the RIM employee say it's going to be released on ATT?
    07-28-09 11:21 AM
    hi guys,

did it have trackball or trackpad

what was the battery cover style leather ?
    07-28-09 05:04 PM
    The onyx seem to be the device to get.. but i cannot wait, i am shopping around for my first blackberry and it looking like it will be the 8900.
    07-28-09 07:45 PM
    remember if you are on rogers you can only get a discount price from them once every 2 years
    Onyx is the phone to get atm

having said that, 8900 is a great phone no doubt
    I used to have one .. no problems at all
    Last edited by vx1; 07-28-09 at 08:10 PM.
    07-28-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD