Is it really as scratch resistant as they say? I would expect the back to get scratched (I don't plan to use it) but what about the bezel? Has anyone scratched their colorware bezel WITHOUT dropping it? Dropping it trumps all, especially on asphalt/concrete.
    Last edited by LordRasta; 06-01-09 at 03:15 PM.
    06-01-09 02:51 PM
    Man I hope not, I plan on getting mine done soon.

You want the Longhorns bold right?

I wanna see pics when you all finished with it
    06-01-09 03:14 PM
    I bought a bezel and back from Colorwarepc, both black. The bezel is in perfect condition after about three weeks of use. The back has small hairlines scratches, I assume this is from putting the phone in my jeans pocket and on my desk. I guess you can call that regular wear. I also bought a back from cnn.cn and it doesn't have as glossy a finish, but small scratches do buff out with some Ice Creme polish.
    The Colorwarepc product is way nicer and comes with all the buttons, charge contacts and screens installed as well as the cover latch. All in silver, a professional job.
    06-01-09 03:23 PM
    I bought a bezel and back from Colorwarepc, both black. The bezel is in perfect condition after about three weeks of use. The back has small hairlines scratches, I assume this is from putting the phone in my jeans pocket and on my desk. I guess you can call that regular wear. I also bought a back from cnn.cn and it doesn't have as glossy a finish, but small scratches do buff out with some Ice Creme polish.
    The Colorwarepc product is way nicer and comes with all the buttons, charge contacts and screens installed as well as the cover latch. All in silver, a professional job.
    Thanks for the feedback. I just don't see how you can keep scratches off the back, even with that X2 product they tout.
    06-01-09 03:31 PM
    I just ordered a custom fusia and black paint job for my Bold! I'm so excited!
    06-10-09 07:15 PM
    Paint is paint. Yeah some techniques and paint are better than others but why risk it, especially for how much that crap costs...
    06-10-09 07:16 PM
    I would say yes even a car with all the clear coat on it scratches. I have considered colorware for my Bold however.
    06-10-09 07:56 PM
    My case-mate fuel put scratches on one side next to the charging contact. Case-mate agreed it is a defect and sent me a new one. The scratches aren't horrible but it did scratch...
    06-10-09 08:51 PM
    I will say that colorware does excellent work, but if anything ever goes wrong don't count on their customer support. They are useless. I had a warranty and the paint chipped off and they wanted me to pay $40 to fix it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD