I was going to switch the home screen image today, and I was going through wallpapers in the Media app...and the pictures are exhibiting severe color banding, more so on darker colored images, transitioning from black to grey, dark blue to light blue, etc. This definitely was not like this even as recently as a few days ago, I've used these wallpapers before and they've always displayed beautifully.

I did a search, and found tons of posts about the Storm having color banding, but nothing on the Bold. The only thing I've done in the last few days is replace the trackball. Is there something that could have physically happened to cause this issue? Is this an issue that could be covered by warranty/insurance? It's really bad, no exaggeration, a huge contrast from what was once a brilliant display...and now it's bothering the **** out of me.
    Last edited by netwerx1; 07-26-09 at 12:51 PM.
    07-26-09 12:47 PM
    Ok, not a common problem I see...

So even if no one else has experienced this on a Bold, would this problem be something that could be covered under warranty or insurance? Everything has been fine, up until recently, and now the only issue is the screen display.

Would an OS reload possibly help the issue?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated...
    Last edited by netwerx1; 07-26-09 at 08:49 PM.
    07-26-09 08:46 PM
    I've had this happen my bold out of the blue when I was running 167 I haven't noticed it ever since but when it did happen I just did a battery pull and all was well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 11:42 PM
    I had done a couple of pulls using QuickPull, but I went ahead and pulled the battery out just now, kept it out for 30 seconds...still looks the same though, bad banding...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 01:26 AM
    Guess I'm on my own on this one

I'll give it one more bump, hopefully I can get some insight/advice...if not, thanks for reading anyways
    07-27-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD