Hey.

So I lost my bb headphones so I went out and bought a pair of Coby in-ear headphone buds. These are just your standard 15$ headphones which I picked up at the store to replace my blackberry headphones, they are not special by any means. There is one problem though. When I plug them into my blackberry (yes it does click at the end), the sound is distorted.. it sounds the same way as if the headphones weren't plugged in fully.

So i did some quick troubleshooting and I tested the Coby headphones on my laptop and they work just fine. Then I found a pair of crappy Air Canada headphones, plugged them into my BB and they sounded crappy but that is because they are poor quality headphones. They did work however.

Now i'm baffled. The headphone jack seems to be working as well as the coby headphones. Does anyone else here use Coby headphones on their 9650 and have problems / no problems? I'm thinking maybe I just had a stroke of bad luck and my headphone plug in for the headphones is minimally too short or something, but doing a side by side comparison they are the same length as the AC headphones.

Thoughts? ideas?
    07-29-11 01:26 PM
    I have a pair of Coby ear buds (with microphone) model CVEM87 and they work great in my Bold 9650. Try cleaning the plug and the headphone jack with a swab and Isopropyl alcohol, this has worked for me in the past.
    07-29-11 03:09 PM
    I try and stay away from Coby products. I've had bad experience with that brand in the past. I broke down and purchased a pair of Bose earbuds when I had my 8330 and their still going strong and the sound is OUTSTANDING. True, they are expensive, but you get what you pay for.
    07-31-11 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD