Hello (:
    I'm Phillip haha
    I'll be honest, I'm pretty young and am not an extreme technology wiz...
    but I do have a Bold. I got it about 3 weeks ago. Yes, I've heard about the Onyx I think it is.. but I just like the size of the Bold.. weird I know.

Anyway, my problem is. It is extremely extremely slow. That clock sign stays on the screen for at least 10 minutes each time a press something. Like I have a pass code so if I press a button to unlock it, I might as well take a shower, eat breakfast, and walk the dogs before it is unlocked. And then when I finally get the change to enter in my pass code, I have to wait another 5 minutes just to get to the home screen thing. I've been searching the web a bit. I've started closing my apps through the close in the options thing.. that helped for a few minutes.. and now its back to taking its precious time. Can anyone help me? I really need to use my phone.. although young lol I do have more important things to do than text my friends.
    08-13-09 10:28 PM
    Do you know how to back up, and upgrade your os?
    Instructions are posted in the sticky at the top of the page.
    08-13-09 10:35 PM
    I do not, but thank you.. I'll find out somehow!
    08-13-09 10:37 PM
    Try a bettery pull first. Pull the battery out while the device is switched ON and put it back in after 30 seconds. Also, close the apps properly after using them. If the device still slow after the pull, consider upgrading the OS. The latest official is 4.6.0.282

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 05:00 AM
    I agree with ST79, however if you continue to have issues, I would post back with what apps you have before doing an upgrade, could just be a settings issue. If you are not very technical as you said, an upgrade could be a bit tricky.
    08-14-09 07:20 AM
    Are you closing your apps correctly? It sounds like you may have a lot of apps running in the background. A battery pull will fix things in the short term but you need to make sure you are closing your programs correctly.
    08-14-09 08:00 AM
    Well, on the closing apps correctly thing.. I have been actually going to the "options" menu and clicking "close" instead of just pressing the back button for my apps and other stuff...

And I only have facebook, twiterberry, myspace, pandora, "where", blackberry app world, and some weather thing..
    08-15-09 08:55 AM
    Best bet is to upgrade the OS to .282 like others said. It is the sticky at the top of the Bold Forums. Has a step by step instructions and is easy to do. Only takes about 30 minutes and will free up tons of memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD