Hi guys!

I just got the Blackberry Bold on an O2 contract here in Scotland 2 weeks ago.
    Everything has worked just fine until today, when the waiting/loading/busy clock started to appear constantly on the screen. it doesn't matter if I am on the main menu, home screen, application or whatever. It pops up all the time. This is also very annoying when writing mail/sms as the letters are being delayed caused of the instant clock symbol that pops-up.

Is there anyone out there who knows what I can do to fix this? I did not do anything special prior to this problem.
    I only have facebook application and an oxford dictionary application installed, but I have had this for a over a week now without problems.

About my device:

I have 35,6 MB free space of application memory.
    859,2 MB total space of device memory, where I have 857,1 MB left with free space.
    And 966,9 MB free space of Media memory

I am currently running OS v4.6.0.134(platform 4.0.0.139)

-

I just realized that the device is also starting to heat up! Seems like it's working on something which I can't figure out what is.
    10-14-08 09:22 AM
    I would load the 162 OS - it addresses a LOT of issues. I doubt the hot phone will go away though, I have that problem when I tether - it gets hot!
    10-14-08 09:24 AM
    Have you done a battery pull or soft reset ?

Yes you can also upgrade the OS as stated above which will fix issues...although different people have different issue so its sometimes difficult to pinpoint a certain problem.

A few others have reported their BB's warming up recently & no conclusion as yet.....maybe a bad batch of batteries ?
    10-14-08 09:33 AM
    Ok. Where & how can I get this OS? I also run a mac computer, is it possible to use mac with BB?
    Is this the only solution?
    10-14-08 09:34 AM
    I just tried a battery pull(what is soft reset)
    Didnt help.
    The main problem is not the heat, it is just the stupid symbol popping up constantly
    10-14-08 09:35 AM
    Sorry don't own a Mac...but theres a Mac section in the forum
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/

latest O2 OS .162 is here
    BlackBerry from O2 - Help and support

Perform a soft reset/reboot your BlackBerry
    Press ALT+CAPS LOCK+DELETE

When you do a battery pull, leave it out for 30secs rather than just in & out.
    10-14-08 09:44 AM
    I had this same problem tried all the above fixes but it just started again, called orange and they are going to replace my handset as soon as they start dispatching them again x

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 10:43 AM
    The upgrade might help resolve the heat issue. Mine would do so when it was on the .92 OS system.
    10-14-08 11:02 AM
    i have the same issue with the clock loading thing
    try to uninstall the facebook application
    in my case after i uninstalled the facebook application, the problem solved

hope it help
    10-14-08 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD