Hello, everybody.

Hate to be "that guy" joining a forum for a problem, but I've searched all night for a solution to my problem and haven't gotten far. It's more of a series of problems, really. Figured I'd come aboard and ask the best and brightest of Crackberry (ab)users.

A couple of days ago, I was playing music through the headphone jack to some external speakers (I alternated between two different sets of speakers). Don't know if it's of any help, but I was using the mobile app from Sirius/XM. I didn't make or receive any calls until the next day, when I get a phone call and I hear this clicking sound that interrupts the call every half a second, pretty much rendering the phone call portion of the phone useless. When I make a call, it still clicks and the volume adjusts itself up and down, not significantly, but I can see it on the screen.

I tried plugging in and unplugging to get it to supposedly out of "headset mode," but to no avail. And now, when I plug in anything to the jack, it activates the voice dialing app. Also, when I play music through the media browser, it automatically starts it in headphone mode.

I pulled the battery and got nowhere. I put a bare q-tip into the headphone jack and it didn't trigger anything. I even went so far as to contact AT&T, and of course they tell me something's probably wrong with the device. Shocker.

I'm at my wits end here. I can't get this clicking sound off this phone, no matter what I do. Anyone have any suggestions? Is it stuck in headset mode? I hope I provided everything.

v4.6.0.304 on AT&T
    03-29-10 10:08 PM
    Hello, everybody.

Hate to be "that guy" joining a forum for a problem, but I've searched all night for a solution to my problem and haven't gotten far. It's more of a series of problems, really. Figured I'd come aboard and ask the best and brightest of Crackberry (ab)users.

A couple of days ago, I was playing music through the headphone jack to some external speakers (I alternated between two different sets of speakers). Don't know if it's of any help, but I was using the mobile app from Sirius/XM. I didn't make or receive any calls until the next day, when I get a phone call and I hear this clicking sound that interrupts the call every half a second, pretty much rendering the phone call portion of the phone useless. When I make a call, it still clicks and the volume adjusts itself up and down, not significantly, but I can see it on the screen.

I tried plugging in and unplugging to get it to supposedly out of "headset mode," but to no avail. And now, when I plug in anything to the jack, it activates the voice dialing app. Also, when I play music through the media browser, it automatically starts it in headphone mode.

I pulled the battery and got nowhere. I put a bare q-tip into the headphone jack and it didn't trigger anything. I even went so far as to contact AT&T, and of course they tell me something's probably wrong with the device. Shocker.

I'm at my wits end here. I can't get this clicking sound off this phone, no matter what I do. Anyone have any suggestions? Is it stuck in headset mode? I hope I provided everything.

v4.6.0.304 on AT&T
    Sounds like the headset jack is the problem. You should bring it back in or try for a refurb.
    04-02-10 10:48 AM
    My 4th bold did that..get a replacement as yours has a malfunction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 02:02 AM
    I had the same problem. Its not a network issue.

The phones going from handset to headset right? When its happening plug in headphones and it should stop.

Mine hasn't done it since

i had the same problem so i came to search here first, it worked after i put in a 3.5 MM headset and then blew in it to clean it out
    05-02-10 06:53 PM
    i hope this has been resolved but Headphone problem - BlackBerry Support Community Forums is what you're looking for
    12-10-13 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD