So the bold touch looks very prone to finger prints and oils do you think it would damage the keyboard or anything if i used baby wipes to clean it?
    08-05-11 02:17 AM
    I cant say ive ever heard of this. just use a screen cleaner cloth that comes with most touchscreen devices.
    08-05-11 02:38 AM
    you shouldnt get too much oil/finger prints on your touchscreen anyways. you shouldnt be pressing hard enough to leave much of a finger print, and besides, i would obviously recommend having a screen protector when you get the phone. i know that it would somewhat reduce the amount of noticeable oils/fingerprints.

if you wish to clean it, i would clean mainly the touchscreen. your qwerty keyboard shouldnt be all to dirty anyways.

and im sure they would come right off with a wet towel, or disinfecting whipe, as long as the material you're wiping it with isn't drenched or soaking wet ..
    08-05-11 02:42 AM
    It's not going to be all that fragile. I've always used rubbing alcohol and a paper towel. No issues. But I always use a damp paper towel. You do not want any excess to drip inside, obviously.
    08-05-11 02:55 AM
    I have been using the alcohol whipes to not only clean the oils off my personal phone but the work phone as well. The whipes are prepackaged and moist with alcohol, which when used does leave moisture on whatever it touches. I just blow off the screen and keyboard right after whiping and its all clean with no streaking. I do have a screen protector on my personal phone and it is a phone saver.
    08-05-11 03:42 AM
    Baby wipes? ._.

Dry microfiber cloth, or mild alcohol solution on lint free/microfiber cloth, or screen cleaning wipes.
    Streak free and non abrasive, and can clean the whole phone, including the screen.
    Last edited by gbsn; 08-05-11 at 04:40 AM.
    08-05-11 04:38 AM
    So the bold touch looks very prone to finger prints and oils do you think it would damage the keyboard or anything if i used baby wipes to clean it?
    Why would you use baby wipes. Wash your hands after changing the baby and your device will not need a baby wipe! Just use a soft micro-fiber cloth at the end of each day and they will do it.

you shouldnt get too much oil/finger prints on your touchscreen anyways. you shouldnt be pressing hard enough to leave much of a finger print, and besides, i would obviously recommend having a screen protector when you get the phone. i know that it would somewhat reduce the amount of noticeable oils/fingerprints.

if you wish to clean it, i would clean mainly the touchscreen. your qwerty keyboard shouldnt be all to dirty anyways.

and im sure they would come right off with a wet towel, or disinfecting whipe, as long as the material you're wiping it with isn't drenched or soaking wet ..
    Humans are dirty. Just putting the phone to your face and ear will transfer oils. If you are going to USE the touch screen it will also get oily. The keyboard will not be exempt. Anything worn or next to a human will suffer no matter how anal you are. Just wipe it down with a micro-fiber cloth at the end of the day. If it is food or other debris that does not wipe off and slightly damp "soft" paper towel might be required. No chemicals or solvents are unless you get a paint or other substance that required a solvent to remove it. LESS is BETTER!

Baby wipes? ._.

Dry microfiber cloth, or mild alcohol solution on lint free/microfiber cloth, or screen cleaning wipes.
    Streak free and non abrasive, and can clean the whole phone, including the screen.
    I vote for just the micro-fiber cloth unless the alcohol is needed.
    08-05-11 05:18 AM
    Humans are dirty. Just putting the phone to your face and ear will transfer oils. If you are going to USE the touch screen it will also get oily. The keyboard will not be exempt. Anything worn or next to a human will suffer no matter how anal you are. Just wipe it down with a micro-fiber cloth at the end of the day. If it is food or other debris that does not wipe off and slightly damp "soft" paper towel might be required. No chemicals or solvents are unless you get a paint or other substance that required a solvent to remove it. LESS is BETTER!
    Yes I do realize that, but my point is the oil shouldn't be too noticeable mainly on the keyboard. The touchscreen however should be whiped.
    08-05-11 12:26 PM
    rub off the grease with a chocolate bar or tea bag clean it with your shaven testicles?
    08-05-11 02:29 PM
    I find a microfibre cloth or sunglass cleaning cloth works best - usually no cleaner required.

Any idea if the screen is plastic or glass?
    JCGodoy likes this.
    08-05-11 03:28 PM
    Baby wipes? ._.

even wet tissues would work?
    08-06-11 05:58 AM
    Screen Clean and a clean microfiber cloth.

Alcohol? <~~Stupid
    Baby Wipes? <~~Stupid

Monster Ultimate Performance TV Cleaning Kit - Cleaning kit

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...=1920&bih=1111

Monster has some other package sizes and types. They even have antimicrobial for cell phones if your a germ-a-phoebe.

Pledge makes one that works nice but I don't use it on my 9000 because it leaves a thin layer that keeps my trackball from turning. The big bottle of Screen Clean should last you forever. Maybe get a Big one and Small one and refill the small one.

You can also buy a small bottle for traveling here. http://www.specialtybottle.com/index...n=Custom&ID=31
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-06-11 at 06:15 AM.
    08-06-11 06:08 AM
    Wet tissues? in water? it will work, but if its too soaked any droplet of water may fall through the openings into the trackpad or keyboard, therefore damaging it. You need something that evaporates quickly, combined with a cloth that will retain dirt. Alcohol is just for "disinfection" and annoying oil removal (like handling the phone after eating doritos). Using alcohol too much or with a high concentration may eat the bezel painting in the long run, or at least that happens with third party painted ones. A dry microfiber cloth does just fine, like the one that comes with the torch.

If its a wet tissue like cotonelle or any other body wiping paper, it will clean, but it will probably leave a sticky residue with streak and the corresponding fragrance.
    08-06-11 06:10 AM
    NO NO NO NO

If it gets in the phone your screwed. Even if you get large amounts of screen cleaner in the phone it will **** it up.

Spray a moderate amount of screen cleaner on a microfiber cloth AND THEN wipe the phone down.

If you don't have a microfiber cloth then use a clean paper towel folded 3 or 4 times so the solution doesn't drip onto the phone.

Story:

I bought a Moto Q9h back in 2006 about the same time we got a Pioneer Elite Plasma. I was paranoid about the TV and bought some Screen Clean when I picked up the TV.

I got lazy and started spraying it directly on my Moto Q9h and the solution dripped down into the keyboard and killed the phone.

I couldn't figure out what happened to my phone, it was in a metal case with a plastic window over the screen.

I ended up having ATT replace my Q about 3 times till I got un-stupid and realized it was me spraying the phone.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-06-11 at 07:21 AM.
    08-06-11 06:25 AM
    I do not know what you people are getting on your phone where you feel like a wet cleaning is required.

If a dry micro-fiber cloth after fogging the screen with your breath does not do it 95% of the time, you need to look at your grooming habits.

The 9900 does not require any different maintenance that most other phones. Just use and it and enjoy. If you worry too much your will ruin the fun of using the hardware. Just wipe it down at the end of the day and relax.
    08-06-11 06:37 AM
    I do not know what you people are getting on your phone where you feel like a wet cleaning is required.

If a dry micro-fiber cloth after fogging the screen with your breath does not do it 95% of the time, you need to look at your grooming habits.

The 9900 does not require any different maintenance that most other phones. Just use and it and enjoy. If you worry too much your will ruin the fun of using the hardware. Just wipe it down at the end of the day and relax.
    I guess oil and make-up from your skin doesn't count right?

Personally I use the speaker 95% of the time but people who need to hold the phone up to their ears are gonna get the thing dirty. Rubbing dirt all over your phone with a dirty cloth doesn't really get it done.
    08-06-11 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD