I used the penny trick on my last 9650. It didn't work too well. NPR worked like a charm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 12:48 AM
    Straight acetone got it off great. Not a trace of it left and no damage to the black plastic. I think I may have just had some weak NPR.

Thanks for the tip!
    08-28-11 12:52 AM
    Gbam !!! Nail polish remover is the way to go. But I'm still ignorant on how it should be applied. Should be left for 5mins on the logo before rubbing off or it should just be applied and rubbed off? Which one have the best result?

08-28-11 02:34 AM
    I used Acetone based NPR on a Q-Tip. I had to scrub a little bit, but it came off just fine with no ghost image left and no damage to the plastic itself. Acetone evaporates so fast there is really no "soaking". Just keep working it. Thanks to the OP for climbing out on a limb and doing it first.
    08-28-11 07:03 AM
    Just did it with non-acetone nail polish remover. Worked great. Thanks, OP!
    08-28-11 03:14 PM
    Where did you get the pink playbook case?!

Thank you for the tip! Logo be gone!
    Here is close up pictures....

She
    08-28-11 03:28 PM
    non-acetone nail polish remover - 2 q-tips - 2 minutes

It seems like the np works best when it first hits, you don't need much just a few refreshes. Perfect.
    08-28-11 04:06 PM
    Wow...I just used a Q-tip and nail polish remover...about 2 minutes of rubbing and done deal. Completely removed the Sprint logo. No ghosting left over. Doesn't affect the black plastic at all. I just saved myself from buying an unbranded bottom cover. All I want now is a leather battery door with NFC...hopefully cnn.cn takes one out...

08-28-11 05:26 PM
    So last night i was sitting there admiring the beauty of this device, and then it hit me! I loved everything about except the carrier Logo!!! So I had to take it off and so I did.... here is what you will need.

1. A girlfriend or wife

2. Nail polish remover

3. Napkin and it has to be paper napkin.

I took a corner of the napkin and soaked it a little with the nail polish remover. The simply in circles very carefully wiped the logo away ( make sure that your "circles" dont touch other keys as they have ink on them too for the letter, numbers etc. At first the logo will smudge all white and you might panic, just keep doing it, and if neccesary dip a little more NPR so get it out completly! Thats it enjoy your new look! And btw I am not responsible for your actions, if you dont feel comfortable, then leave it alone! I use to do tis all the time with my hot wheels as a kid, if I liked a car, but hated the painted stickers, I would remove them the same way! LoL

Oh BTW the girlfriend/wife would provide the nail polish remover, if not good luck going to the store and buying one or better yet asking your mom for one LoL.
    This did not work for me. I tried wiping nail polish remover on a napkin all over my girlfriend and she did not disappear at all!

ekafara likes this.
    08-28-11 11:14 PM
    This did not work for me. I tried wiping nail polish remover on a napkin all over my girlfriend and she did not disappear at all.
    Bwahaha! Love this one.

Last edited by albee 1; 08-28-11 at 11:36 PM.
    08-28-11 11:33 PM
    I used the nail polish remover with a cotton swab and it worked great. No left over scratches. Looks real clean. Used a little bit of elbow grease and a swirl motion and it was off in less than a minute.
    09-03-11 04:28 PM
    This is a great and easy way to get ride of that Logo. Thanks for sharing!
    09-03-11 04:33 PM
    Thanks finally, im excited to do this trick later!!!=)
    09-22-11 11:02 PM
    Torch 9800 users have been discussing this since last year. although they used a penny to scuff the logo away, leaving no scratch marks.

on a side note.....NEVER use acetone based products on plastic. they will fade over time and ruin the finish. you may be lucky for now. in the future, i would suggest using something other than a solvent to accomplish this or just spend a few bucks on an unbranded plastic piece.
    09-22-11 11:19 PM
    - finally i was able to remove the verizon logo!

09-23-11 12:37 AM
    i used ACETONE, no BS
    09-23-11 12:48 AM
    i used ACETONE, no BS
    k........................
    09-23-11 01:31 AM
    I used acetone and a q-tip on my piece with great results. There is still a very faint Rogers logo left behind, but once I put my skin (bestskinsever) over top of it, the piece looked absolutely seamless.

I just took a q-tip, dipped it into a bottle of nail polish remover, and just swirled it around the logo. It takes a little time for the solution to dissolve the paint, but eventually it will rub right off when you use the dry end of the q-tip. I would recommend using more than one q-tip as you're rubbing it off, as the paint can get smeared onto the piece again.
    09-23-11 04:17 AM
    Finger nail polish and q-tip. Easy Peasy!
    09-23-11 06:27 AM
    Nobody has mentioned that doing this VOIDS your warranty if you bought it straight from your carrier!! I'm not bashing the technique, I've been doing this on other items for years as well as UNLOCKED phones from other carriers I have purchased (which had no warranty anyway) and hate my 9900 with the T-Mobile logo as well....but....forbid something happen to it and it has to be warranty replaced they will not honor it, I know this from experience. Any permanent physical alteration that you make to the device voids it. Even if you send it in without mentioning you altered it i any way, once they get it they will void it and charge you for the new device they just sent you. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade just putting it out there so you can make an INFORMED decision when doing this. Carry on.....lol
    09-23-11 01:19 PM
    I tried with a paper towel, and I guess I was too weak coz it rubbed off maybe a speck of the G in Rogers. Tried with a Q-Tip, rubbed side to side and in less than 20 seconds, it was gone! No ghosting either. Thanks OP.
    09-23-11 02:00 PM
    Damn, I removed my logo and now I am upset to know that T-mobile will void my insurance! I guess if something does happen to the phone I will have to tell them I lost it or else risk sending it in.
    09-23-11 04:47 PM
    Nobody has mentioned that doing this VOIDS your warranty if you bought it straight from your carrier!! I'm not bashing the technique, I've been doing this on other items for years as well as UNLOCKED phones from other carriers I have purchased (which had no warranty anyway) and hate my 9900 with the T-Mobile logo as well....but....forbid something happen to it and it has to be warranty replaced they will not honor it, I know this from experience. Any permanent physical alteration that you make to the device voids it. Even if you send it in without mentioning you altered it i any way, once they get it they will void it and charge you for the new device they just sent you. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade just putting it out there so you can make an INFORMED decision when doing this. Carry on.....lol
    In the USA we are protected from those kinds of scams by the Magnussen-Moss warranty act. They would have to prove taking the logo off (or replacing the case, or...) caused the failure.
    09-23-11 07:47 PM
    if you replaced the chin part then i guess that can void the warranty, but simply removing the logo i dont think will
    09-23-11 08:46 PM
    awesome glad I surfed here today gonna give this a try in a few minutes thanks op!
    09-23-11 10:43 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD